Ospreys in Aviemore

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Anyone on here in Aviemore first week in July doing any photography, especially ospreys??

Hi Gaz J,
Let me know if you need any help, I am stuck in Aviemore and run one of the Ospreys sites.......... and soon to have another one open for the afternoon and evenings........... Ospreys all day. :)
Working with a good friend we have built a new hide at another location and its looking good for afternoon and evening sessions, so far this year we have not taken anybody there, just watched.
But sooooooon.
Cheers Gordon.

Hi Gaz J,
Let me know if you need any help, I am stuck in Aviemore and run one of the Ospreys sites.......... and soon to have another one open for the afternoon and evenings........... Ospreys all day. :)
Working with a good friend we have built a new hide at another location and its looking good for afternoon and evening sessions, so far this year we have not taken anybody there, just watched.
But sooooooon.
Cheers Gordon.

Ooh, how soon is 'soon'? I'm curious because that sounds awesome!

Sorry to sound so inquisitive today, I absolutely love what you have done with setting up the Osprey hide - looks superb and is very exciting. Well done!

Graeme

Anyone on here in Aviemore first week in July doing any photography, especially ospreys??

Second week we're up there (y)

Hi Gaz J,
But sooooooon.
Cheers Gordon.

Would be interested in the evening session Gordon, keep us updated :) How's the Pine Martens coming along?

Last edited:
Hi Gordon

Have got a session booked with you on the 2nd July. Was just wondering if any other photographer were in the area. Maybe meet up. Im up from the Monday to the thursday night. Plan to go to Chanonery point hopefully for dolphins, Troup head for the seabirds and hopefully ive got a location to photograph ospreys away from the usual places courtesy of a friend who lives in the area.

Hi Gaz J,
But sooooooon.
Cheers Gordon.

Hi just so happens i'm in Aviemore July 28th & 29th on hols so would
be interested in booking with you, pm me if interested.
Thanks Mark.

Hi All,
First of all thanks Graeme, its only the start of the hides second season so far so good, this week has been pretty slow with the bright hot weather, only one bird fished this morning, couple of other just flew around.
I am sure I am the only person in Aviemore that would wish it would pour rain for a while, I think a couple of nests have just had chicks hatch, pretty late and don't need a lot of feeding........ unlike me.
Buckas, don't speak about those bloody pine martins, i really haven't had time to watch the feeding station, i am still feeding up the area and they are still coming in, but both stealth cameras have packed in, so need to get settled in a pop up hide for a night.

I will let everyone know as soon as i can about the other site, it is being managed and will be let by a really good friend.

Its a beautiful night so i am off up Glenmore forest for a look round.
Cheers Gordon.

Aviemore isn't far from me and although I visit the Ospreys at Loch of the Lowes I'd be keen to try a different location / experience.

Hi Guys,
Just as I thought, I was sure an Osprey or two would fish as the sun went off the water and just in from seeing just that.
Will be starting at 4.30am tomorrow morning as the forecast is for it to be sunny again.
I will kept everybody updated on the other site for the evenings and late afternoons when we get some images and monitor it over the next few days and nights.
Cheers Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Gaz..
Im up at Gordons place first week in July..might see you there, hope your a talkative chap, sicj up bumping into people in hides who dont have some good crack with

Gordon, need to speak to you..will phone, Im off work tomorrow if thats ok

Bill

Hi Bill

That'd be good. Arriving monday morning and going to see if i can find the spot that an osprey uses that my mate has told me about. Might get something different. He reckons its gives excellent views. We will see.

Just hope the weather is kind. Last year at the same time it was poor.

Yes ive got a session with gordon. Also at rothiemurchus. Got some quite nice stuff there last year even with the poor weather.

Trying to get around as much as i can in the few days im there. Its the last trip of the year for me apart from an odd day or two here and there. I will be trying my luck with the local otters over the next 2 months.

We went a couple of times last year & had a fantastic time & yes the weather was poor.
It's quite a challenge at 4am but we all came away buzzing with excitement.
Also Gordon bent over backwards to help us
A real top guy.

Hi Gordon, some great shots on the facebook page, may I ask how, or if, you can book with you. I'm not done a great deal of bird stuff, but would love to have a crack at such wonderful creatures - and I'm looking for something a little different for a week I've got off in July/August?

Cheers
Kev

Back