Oulton Park 07.03.09 - BSB Testing and bike trackday

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Another freezing cold day at Oulton today, but offset by the fact that Rob Mac Racing, this year's Yamaha factory team in British Superbike, were there testing in breaks during the trackday. It's nice to see some proper racing machinery again after a long winter. C&C welcome and appreciated as always on these.

1. Michael Rutter on the new 2009 Yamaha R1 BSB bike coming out of Old Hall
3336112338_85be5071b4_o.jpg

2. Chris Walker at Old Hall on his Motorpoint sponsored R1
3336112750_19f438c876_o.jpg

3. Trackday shots now, a lovely Rothmans Honda RS250 at Druids
3335277935_c70d876d8a_o.jpg

4. Kawasaki Ninja 636 at Druids
3335278323_dcfe2091f5_o.jpg

5. Suzuki GSX-R 1000 on the brakes
3336113880_3047b069bd_o.jpg

6. I know this is a bit soft, but it was so nearly perfect. Ducati 848 comes over the rise out of Druids
3336114150_6be2cbcb45_o.jpg

7. Kawasaki ZXR750 at Druids
3336114556_eab114bdf5_o.jpg

8. Round the outside
3335279819_d9069b62d6_o.jpg

9. Trying to keep the front end down
3335280219_f534fbb1ed_o.jpg

10. Yamaha R6 Supersport bike coming out of Druids
3336115584_73e1ecf962_o.jpg

I'll do a Flickr upload tomorrow of the rest of my shots from today

Last edited:
Oh yes. THat last one is as stonking one the big screen as it was on the little one. Bloody awesome shot Rich.

Great to see you and your dad today :)

A very nice set overall but that last one. WOW!!

(y)Nice set gotta agree with Matt last one's great

Thanks guys. I didn't move around much today so there isn't a whole lot of variety in these. The light was crap as well so I was shooting at ISO500 a lot of the time.

Good to see you again today Matt, only two more Saturday's until the season starts :). Are you going on Tuesday?

6 and 10 are cracking shots I’m really looking forward for the season to start.

Where did you hear about that?!?! I think I will ride down on Wednesday any-how to see what is going on, if anything.

:LOL: A mate of my Dad's somehow found out about it. I'm sure it's Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

Cheers Danny. I'm gutted #6 is just a tiny bit blurred, but it still works anyway IMHO. The rest of my shots from yesterday are up on Flickr now if anybody is interested :)

Real nice shots Richard, the R6 shot is the pick for me

#1 and #2 are bob on too

All nice and sharp

The wife wouldn't let me out, Friday or saturday just in case she went into labour:LOL::wacky::LOL:

I'm going to sneak out on tuesday I think

Some good stuff there Richard,

Glad to see Mr Rutter's keeping fit and can still get into his old Renegade leathers. Good effort Blade !!! :)

The last shot is a good capture. Druids is tricky from that side as you get very little time to "lock-on" with the AF as the bikes are hidden behind the crest. Looks like Dan Linfoot from his leathers. A rider from my home town of Knaresborough.

Regards, Guy

Thanks everyone, I'm very pleased with #10 myself. As usual with that type of shot, it was pure luck that I managed to catch him while he was out of the seat with the front wheel in the air, and that it came out sharp.

Guy, I was wondering just how old Rutter's leathers were, must be at least 5 years. I thought it was pretty bad PR going out a suit with Red Bull plastered all over it when his bike is sponsored by Coca-Cola this year :LOL: It is Dan Linfoot in #10, and very impressive he was too. Slightly mental (as you can see), but very very fast.

It is hard to catch them as they come over the rise at Druids. I ended up prefocusing on the top of the rise, so the lens didn't have much to do once the bike popped over the top. I'm going to have a go there tomorrow with some F3 cars, which will be harder. I'd have thought an F3 car would be doing at least 20mph more than a bike at that point.

Thanks everyone, I'm very pleased with #10 myself. As usual with that type of shot, it was pure luck that I managed to catch him while he was out of the seat with the front wheel in the air, and that it came out sharp.

Guy, I was wondering just how old Rutter's leathers were, must be at least 5 years. I thought it was pretty bad PR going out a suit with Red Bull plastered all over it when his bike is sponsored by Coca-Cola this year :LOL: It is Dan Linfoot in #10, and very impressive he was too. Slightly mental (as you can see), but very very fast.

It is hard to catch them as they come over the rise at Druids. I ended up prefocusing on the top of the rise, so the lens didn't have much to do once the bike popped over the top. I'm going to have a go there tomorrow with some F3 cars, which will be harder. I'd have thought an F3 car would be doing at least 20mph more than a bike at that point.

cant make tuesday, if you could do a little reconnaissance to find if there out and about on wednesday, as i could possibly make that

I'm told from my sources :)lol:) that it's a two day test, so they should be out on Wednesday as well. I'll try and find out for sure tomorrow afternoon and let you know. I'll be doing a post of my photos on here tomorrow night I'd expect.

How late in the day do you think they will be running? as I would like to catch them if I can but could not get there till around 3

How late in the day do you think they will be running? as I would like to catch them if I can but could not get there till around 3

I'd have thought they would be running until at least 16:30, but it's a test session so if everybody decides not to run after lunch or something then there won't be anything going on. I've taken half a day from work so I hope the afternoon is busy tomorrow!

last one was well captured nice 1!

Hi Richard,

I reckon if my memory serves me right, the leathers will be from the 2003 season.

It's quite common in the build up to a season for riders to dig out older leathers. Linny's leathers are old ones too in that shot you have.

The normal reason is that the rider's new leathers haven't been produced yet as final sponsors are often confirmed late on in proceedings. There's also the fact that until the official team press launch, the new colours and sponsors are kept under wraps.

Gc

Thanks for the info Richard. Will take the camera to work with me and see what the weather is like when I finish. Oh and nice set of pics.

Are you looking to go on Wednesday as well Matt?

Love the set with another vote for number 10. I hope rutter goes well as i have him in my MCN team for the first round. Just one thing, is number 5 a GSXR 1000 as it does not have USD forks up front:thinking: but a 1000 nose on it.

Back