oulton park BSB

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
took these shots today at oulton park.it's my first attempt at this type of shooting so be gentle with me..:LOL:

it takes some getting into,this panning malarkey...

anyway....

cal crutchlow
oulton5.jpg

adam jenkinson
oulton3.jpg

michael rutter
oulton2.jpg

tom sykes
oulton1.jpg

C+C please

all id say is faster shutter speed and higher iso and theyd be even better pics :)

1/60" is a little ambitious for a first time... :D

1/60th is do-able there in good light with an f2.8, but light conditions really werent up for 1/120 would have helped greatly but very good for a first time,

Viewing the exif can be done by saving the image then loading in Cs3, or there is some software that can do it for online stuff, but have no idea what it was called.

Get Opanda exif viewer... its a plugin for your web browser, then you just right click the image on the page and choose "view exif info" and if its there (because some people strip it out either deliberately or accidentally) a little window pops up with it in :D

Much easier than loading gfx tools :D

http://www.opanda.com/en/

thanks everyone,much appreciated.they look a little soft to me TBH,but i wasn't expecting great results first time around.

thanks for the link desantnik..(y)

yes matt,they are difficult to capture.

can't wait until the next time now,and hopefully...they'll improve :LOL:

Yeah its all about practice. The only trouble is that (certainly on my 30D) you cannot see if something is not pin sharp on the screen. Sure you see the REALLY nasty stuff, but not the others.

Next time, get experimental and shoot say 50 or so at each stop down from 1/500 and see what you like and what works for you. The number of keepers will fall off, but its just a case of how much you want that shot. Of course, the sharp ones always turn out to be the damned riders you weren't interested in or a 125 race or something :D

The difference between a good technical shot and a really damned good shot is not only the photography content, but the interest. Shoot a blinder of a club bike meet and its only a good photo, get the same technical content of say Troy Bayliss or Rossi then you have a real class shot!

Yeah its all about practice. The only trouble is that (certainly on my 30D) you cannot see if something is not pin sharp on the screen. Sure you see the REALLY nasty stuff, but not the others.

Next time, get experimental and shoot say 50 or so at each stop down from 1/500 and see what you like and what works for you. The number of keepers will fall off, but its just a case of how much you want that shot. Of course, the sharp ones always turn out to be the damned riders you weren't interested in or a 125 race or something :D

The difference between a good technical shot and a really damned good shot is not only the photography content, but the interest. Shoot a blinder of a club bike meet and its only a good photo, get the same technical content of say Troy Bayliss or Rossi then you have a real class shot!

yep...rossi is top of my list,i may have to go to donnington this year for that shot...

and some more...

oulton6.jpg

shakey
oulton8.jpg

a watanabe
oulton7.jpg

adam jenkinson

Good shots, esp for 1st time under difficult conditions (y)

Think that is actually Tom Grant who was deputising for Adam Jenkinson (due to injury at last round) :geek::geek::geek:
Rich :)

Back