out and about yesterday....

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
while my wife was having her treatment yesterday,which consisted of an 8 hour infusion...i went on a wander around london,shooting people whom i thought interesting for one reason or another.hope it was worth it as i must have covered 6-7 miles in the 8 hours....and don't my legs know it today...:LOL:

anyway...

1/
DSC00748.jpg

2/
DSC00710.jpg

3/
DSC00773_filtered.jpg

4/
DSC00771_filtered.jpg

5/
DSC00750_filtered.jpg

Excellent set of candids - great colour and light in these!

#4 and #5 stand out for the costume and the look the cellist is giving you :D

#10 needs a quick rotate :)

Nice set - hope all went well for your wife as well :)

Great set Stan. #1,#'7 and #8 for me. Dare I say it, i can see the improvement in these! :clap:

Nice set stan.. that first one is a cracker mate... I think that is the pick of the bunch for me..

Cheers

Nigel

There's something about 4 & 5 that I really like, but I can't put my finger on what.

This sort of photography seems quite scary, do you ever get anybody object to their photo being taken? Just curious as I have never tried it. :)

Great set Stan, #1 and #5 are my faves, prob #1 the most (y)

Hope the treatment went well too, best wishes to your wife :)

cheers marc,nigel and cermno1981 (y)

cermno...it can be a bit daunting at first,but you do sorta get used to it.i feel a lot more braver when there are other togs around...especially if they're big so and so's :LOL:

marc...i'm really impressed with the A700's ability to handle noise at high ISO's...#10 was shot at ISO 1600 :love: :love:

Great set Stan, #1 and #5 are my faves, prob #1 the most (y)

Hope the treatment went well too, best wishes to your wife :)

cheers rob....(y)

will pass on your best wishes to jackie..thanks very much.her treatment went okay..all apart from her blood pressure hitting the floor at one point!!!

you doing the team challenge thingy on the 1st of march?if so....see ya there (y)

cheers rob....(y)

will pass on your best wishes to jackie..thanks very much.her treatment went okay..all apart from her blood pressure hitting the floor at one point!!!

you doing the team challenge thingy on the 1st of march?if so....see ya there (y)

Yup i have my name down, look forward to seeing you there :)

cyclist in the first set for me (he don't look happy) and oh yes the smoker in the second!

These are fantastic!!!!! This is what interests me most.....people!!

Any tips on how you achieved these kind of shots??

I am really new to all of this and am cramming as much info in as possible

:)

These are fantastic!!!!! This is what interests me most.....people!!

Any tips on how you achieved these kind of shots??

I am really new to all of this and am cramming as much info in as possible

:)

thank you laws..appreciate your comments (y)

i'm not experienced myself to be honest,but basically..i spent around 5 hours walking around the streets of london togging away at any people i thought interesting,or photogenic one way or another.....some are more interesting than others,but this will be down to the individual i supose.

just get out there and give it a go..it's the only way to do it ;)

I just love #12!!!! The detail is great!!

What settings & lens have you used for these pics??

Don't people mind you taking pictures of them? Whenever I take a picture of something that is in the same direction as someone, they run over and start accusing me... Maybe because I'm young or something. I couldn't imagine doing that without being asked several questions in a harsh tone!

Don't people mind you taking pictures of them? Whenever I take a picture of something that is in the same direction as someone, they run over and start accusing me... Maybe because I'm young or something. I couldn't imagine doing that without being asked several questions in a harsh tone!

It's a lot easier in London. There are so many people with cameras you are largely ignored.

Great set of photos Stan. Hope your wife is ok. Look forward to seeing you again next Sunday.

thanks clive..look forward to seeing you again too (y)

yep,it deffo is easier to tog folk in london as marc says...there's so many people using cameras there,you are largely ignored.all i will say is that stay centrally to the city,and don't do what i did last sunday and wander into unknown(to me)streets and alleys...i was followed by two guys,and decided to walk back towards them before i got into a situation i didn't want to be in...

Back