overdeveloped or duff film?

Name
Mads
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok guys, ive got a newish question for you...
I had an old Kodak colour film, well out of date and not kept cool or dark etc.
I ran it through the camera and dev'd it, and the film is entirely blank.
I did stand dev it in a caffenol alternative for an hour, so im wondering if the film was just knackered or if I developed it so long its lost any images on there.
Theres no marking whatsoever, no frame spaces, nada.

My fault or bad luck?

TIA
Mads

Sounds like knackered film to me

Definitely not the wrong order. I'm not sure this film has markings, I'll spin the other roll through my normal dev and report back on that.
The developer seems to have worked, in that the film has become sort of see through, like a normally developed film, just without any photos on it

Could have fogged the entire thing between camera and dev tank, that would get rid of any rebate marks, surely.

Could have fogged the entire thing between camera and dev tank, that would get rid of any rebate marks, surely.

If it was fogged it would show up partially or completely black

:bonk: Yep!

I did the second roll last night in my normal brew and the film has no manufacturers markings at all.

Yep, then I'd say it's your developer.

Not sure about that, second roll is identical to the first but dev'd in a different brew, as it were. A third film done at the same time as the second Kodak came out fine

knackered film then, having one film in the tank come out has proved that it isnt the development which is to blame

Back