Owl Flying

Edit My Images
Yes
Took a friend out to the Barn Owl Centre Nr Gloucester to do some owl flying, I took my camera and here's some photos from it:

Meet Leighton (The Buzzard :D)

Leighton flying straight at me! :D

Luna the Barn Owl:

Luna the Barn Owl flying

Can't decide if I like this last one. I found that panning with my 40D a real challenge - I didn't really have many keepers - I think I just need more practice! :)

The usual abuse appreciated!

Matt

PS - the images are clickies to full size images!

Last edited:
#4 is one for the bin, sounds a bit harsh, but I bin loads like that.....:D

#3 has the owls feet chopped off and it looks a bit squashed in the picture.

#2 I like, lovely action shot of it coming straight at you.

#1....:cautious:.......At first I thought,yuk, but the light shining on one side of the bird is different and quite pleasant.I think it needs a tweak for sharpness and colour, just a tad, in my opinion.

(y)

#4 is one for the bin, sounds a bit harsh, but I bin loads like that.....:D

#3 has the owls feet chopped off and it looks a bit squashed in the picture.

#2 I like, lovely action shot of it coming straight at you.

#1....:cautious:.......At first I thought,yuk, but the light shining on one side of the bird is different and quite pleasant.I think it needs a tweak for sharpness and colour, just a tad, in my opinion.

(y)

Thanks - You know number 4 I wasn't sure about at all to be honest - but I was sharing them with a friend and they went "wow!" to that shot and it made me think so I thought I'd get a wider opinion on it! :). I don't think you're being harsh - I appreciate honesty! :)

As for number 3 - good point - I think I was a bit keen with the crop too - was trying to crop out the glove that the bird was stood on! :bonk:

Thanks for your comments - they're much appreciated! :D

Matt

:agree: with all that has already been said Matt ... ;) ... but would add that this is a good set generally and you are so right ... :cautious: ... practice will make heaps of difference so if you have time and access make this place a regular visit and keep trying different times of day and angles as well as gear settings and you just have to get better ... (y)

:p

Back