Critique Oystercatcher at Sunrise

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
I got up at silly o'clock to be in situ as at sunrise... took this with a 500mm + 1.4TC 1/1000 f8 iso 140 HH panning in low light
I am interested in opinions regarding slight movement in wings, personally I like the effect as it shows the speed at which they fly low over the water

06-11-2023 Oyster Catcher.jpg

Steve would you post a 100%crop please? My reasons for asking I'm very curious as to the eye with the techs used.............................I have no problem with mo blur on the wing tips.I'm with you it adds.I would prefer the framing different less at the back more at the front but you have done great to get this. I probably couldn't

Steve what I see on TP is teeny tiny for me to critically appraise something like this I need bigger.....my gut leaning is higher SS higher ISO, but you may well prove me wrong I'm very curious

All the nit picking aside,forgive me bud tis how I learn, the image is worth getting up for.I just got up at silly oclock to graft which is SO lame

TFS

stu

Steve would you post a 100%crop please? My reasons for asking I'm very curious as to the eye with the techs used.............................I have no problem with mo blur on the wing tips.I'm with you it adds.I would prefer the framing different less at the back more at the front but you have done great to get this. I probably couldn't

Steve what I see on TP is teeny tiny for me to critically appraise something like this I need bigger.....my gut leaning is higher SS higher ISO, but you may well prove me wrong I'm very curious

All the nit picking aside,forgive me bud tis how I learn, the image is worth getting up for.I just got up at silly oclock to graft which is SO lame

TFS

stu
Hi,

I have attached unedited version but had to size to limits set by TP for uploads

06-11-2023 Oyster Catcher UNEDITED.jpg
Properties.jpg

Yup, it's nice and a fair crop that has stood up well.

I would have been tempted to have cropped a bit less space behind the Oystercatcher and a bit more in front of it.

I think you nailed the focus, that's some crop and it's held together nicely.

Ahh gotcha now I understand .Steve forgive me you asked for crit and at times my ethos of us all being better via our shared constructive thoughts maybe makes me sound brutal.but I'll have a go anyway I'm sketchy here this is now hard for me
I agree with everything Dale has said but add in one little thing you need to not crop this much...........

Steve my Q arrived because old eyes saw a teeny tiiny image and questioned the detail I might see at @ 700mm

Steve honestly could I frame an oystercatcher full tilt in my case at 800mm.f8 probably not............. this is a big ask

but that is where your image wants to be...frame with a 10% loss to crop into aspire to that it will improve your images, though I might not be able some are able,so we dig in and aspire to be them

because anything is possible.it's wildlife :)

Back