Päivä Vanhankaupunginkoskella

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
That's a long un ain it!! It means = 'A day out at the old city rapids' and lovely it was, no pressure just photo's for fun and pleasure.
In addition, there was a little testing of my mates new Elinchrom Quadra set too :nuts:

1: Kulosaari

2: I've seen this wee tradition in Latvia too, newly weds attach an engraved padlock to a bridge to bring good luck in their marriage.

3:

4: The rapids.

5:

Full set here

Pah, s'alright when yu got that kind of scenery on your doorstep :p

Seriously though, all very much loveliness, apart from the rapids shot, which I have to be honest is doing absolutely nothing for me.
However, the colours and tones of both 1 and 3 more then make up for that, they are somehow so simplistic and sooo effective.
Very interesting crop on 5 that really works, when in theory it shouldn't [that was the Elinchrom Quadra shot I pressume?] but I can see that hung as a print on something like a stairwell where you have a long stretch of wall top to bottom.
2, nice little shot but its the tradition that I think is lovely (y)

Pah, s'alright when yu got that kind of scenery on your doorstep :p

Seriously though, all very much loveliness, apart from the rapids shot, which I have to be honest is doing absolutely nothing for me.
However, the colours and tones of both 1 and 3 more then make up for that, they are somehow so simplistic and sooo effective.
Very interesting crop on 5 that really works, when in theory it shouldn't [that was the Elinchrom Quadra shot I pressume?] but I can see that hung as a print on something like a stairwell where you have a long stretch of wall top to bottom.
2, nice little shot but its the tradition that I think is lovely (y)

Cheers Yv matey peep! Yep, the rapids shot is not even quite middle of the road I agree it's a bit pap. I threw it in as it's one of the only rapids shots I took, I think it could do with the boot ;) or maybe switching for another one? I'll have a look through and see what I have.

EDIT> Just this one and I think it's equally as boring :(

4118700739_b48cc9a6f2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shots, Thomas.

Hmmm, got to agree...what is about this kind of thing? Came across a few similar rapids in towns type stuff in Norway a few years ago and all shots ended up in the bin, just couldn't get an angle I liked. MInd you, uinlike me, I am sure you will get better next time :LOL:

Lovely shots, Thomas.

Cheers mate (y)

Hmmm, got to agree...what is about this kind of thing? Came across a few similar rapids in towns type stuff in Norway a few years ago and all shots ended up in the bin, just couldn't get an angle I liked. MInd you, uinlike me, I am sure you will get better next time :LOL:

Ha ha, I think I shoulda got much closer ;) But, couldna be arrissed :( :LOL:

Great set

I LOVE the sky in No3!

Back