Palace of Westminster plus...

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Although often referred to as the Houses of Parliament, the correct name for this impressive building that is occupied by some of the best crooks in the country, is the Palace of Westminster. Over 20 years ago I worked in a building on the opposite side of the River Thames and I recall from then how good the Palace looked when the sun is weak and low in the sky as is sometimes the case during the winter. Today I happened to be "in the right place at the right time" and shot these -

1) With my Nikon 35mm f2

2) With my Tokina 11-16mm f2.8

3) With my Tokina 11-16mm f2.8

4) With my Nikon 35mm f2

5) With my Nikon 35mm f2

6) With my Nikon 35mm f2

Click on a pic for large!

Nice. But it's a wonder you weren't arrested under "anti-terrorism" laws.

Nice. But it's a wonder you weren't arrested under "anti-terrorism" laws.

Maybe beacuse I was shooting hand held and not using my tripod from Kalashnikov ;)

Nice set John. #4 being my fav (y)

Thanks Paulie-W - Festive greetings and all that stuff to you and yours ;)

Four and five for me, nice set

You gonna break open that Scotch?

Not until the Reds win the Premieir League - or maybe I should change that to win a game :crying:

mickyluv and kirk09 Thanks for the comments :)

Very nice set.
I'll be cracking open a bottle of brandy shortly, Drinking to forget what a certain Spaniard has done to my team. You're quite welcome to join me.

Very nice set.
I'll be cracking open a bottle of brandy shortly, Drinking to forget what a certain Spaniard has done to my team. You're quite welcome to join me.

We are talking about the same team :crying: And although not normally a brandy drinker - on this occasion I could make the exception.

I love the buildings on the thames with that light on them.

something about the skies and the colours that I love.

I love the buildings on the thames with that light on them.

something about the skies and the colours that I love.

That makes two of us - thanks for the comment :).

Back