Palma De Mallorca Cathedral

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got back from a very nice week in Mallorca.

Took my Nex-6 along with the Sigma primes and a Manfrotto 393 tripod with the intention of getting some shots of the cathedral in Palma and got this:

Palma Cathedral by night
by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

Quite pleased with the outcome and the 393 is quite handy for lighter kit. Certainly a lot lighter than hauling around my D800 and associated paraphenalia.

What do you think?

That's a nice shot Ben nice and sharp and the exposure looks to be pretty good. There are some lovely reflections that you have captured very well.

It's a shame you couldn't have shot the image just a little bit earlier as then you probably would have had just a bit more light in the sky which I think would have improved the shot even more. Also I do feel the main subject could have been brought into the frame a little more as it is very much to the right making the shot a little out of balance. Other than that I like it very much.(y)

Only my opinion of coarse.

George.

Thanks for the feedback George!

I was there at sunset, but the sun did go down pretty sharpish and so it was mostly dark by the time I got to this spot, which to be honest, was what I wanted to capture, with the illumination of the building.

I do also have a shot composed with the cathedral a little more centrally as you suggested. I preferred this one as that tended to make the fountain like it was clinging on the edge of the frame too much whilst I also used the 30mm to take a shot of the cathedral itself, but preferred the wider angle.

Back