Panamoz.com legit

• Thread starter Deleted member 95430
  • Start date
I asked Wex if they'd offer any discount on 2x GFX100s bodies, a 23mm, 30mm and 45-100 and 100-200. The price of this order was close to £20,000

They said no. RRP's innit.

I'd be cheaper flying to the US, buying in B&H and flying back with it - especially using a rewards/cash back based credit card.

The UK consumer has for too long been a cash cow, so I will always make a point of buying grey or when I am abroad.
While demand is high and supply is low, prices will remain high

As Dale said, so many of these threads turn into a bun fight.
In fact there was a sticky posted 9 years ago, for info.

Is that the one with the legal error in, that I reported to the Mods several years ago and still isn't fixed?

Why, yes it is. :)

Is that the one with the legal error in, that I reported to the Mods several years ago and still isn't fixed?

Why, yes it is. :)
No idea, I've not read it in years.
Nor am I a legally qualified person.

In fact it was written by one of the ex-site owners, who's business is import / export.

Last edited:
Exactly this and NOT down to trying to fiddle taxes. Contrary to the belief of so many 'holier than thou' self-righteous types.

It absolutely is though, there's no vat on anything from panamoz and no VAT receipt.

No judgement on people buying from them, but no point misleading people, it's VAT evasion.

Knowing that people can then make their own decision on whether they want to buy that route or not.

I asked Wex if they'd offer any discount on 2x GFX100s bodies, a 23mm, 30mm and 45-100 and 100-200. The price of this order was close to £20,000

They said no. RRP's innit.

I'd be cheaper flying to the US, buying in B&H and flying back with it - especially using a rewards/cash back based credit card.

The UK consumer has for too long been a cash cow, so I will always make a point of buying grey or when I am abroad.
There are places that'll offer some discount especially when you are spending that kind of money. I get preferential prices from one of my local shops. But it involves building a relationship with your local shop. That doesn't happen overnight or if you keep buying grey, turn up at a shop one day and ask for a discount.

You make it sound like shops are bathing in money by overcharging us while the truth is a lot of them are going out of business. Running a shop in the UK is not cheap, and unfortunately they can't smuggle in cameras like individuals do to save money by evading VAT.

No idea, I've not read it in years.
Nor am I a legally qualified person.

In fact it was written by one of the ex-site owners, who's business is import / export.
If (s)he didn't know the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion that's a risky line of work to be in.

• Haha
Reactions: Sky
Back