Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80EB-S Compact Camera 18.1

Name
john
Edit My Images
No
Hi i am looking at getting a good compact to take on holiday. Has anyone used this model Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80EB-S Compact Camera 18.1 or can someone recommend others. I.m looking to do a broad range covering people, landscape and wildlife.

This has said to have 30x zoom . whats the quality difference in Optical and Digital zoom?

thanks in advance

john

I’ve got the Leica C - the Panasonic LF1 essentially. Yes it’s a used camera but I find it far better thanks to the sensor size in anything less than Florida sunshine.. I’d suggest taking a look!

I’ve been using a TZ60 as my holiday camera for the past couple of years and it’s been great for that purpose. It’s currently for sale but only because I’m buying an LX100.

From what I know, the 80 is the same but with 4K video and slightly better sensor performance. I’ve been impressed with the features on it and the lens range is huge which is useful in zoos, etc. The ability to shoot raw has been useful as well for when I’ve wanted to do some additional post processing as the dynamic range is pretty good at low ISO’s so I’ve been able to recover some shadow / highlight details. The gps is useful but murders the battery life, but WiFi has been useful for transferring images on the go to phone or iPad.

Back