Panic Saturday

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
It seems these days you can't have a day without a prefix, mad friday, black friday and now panic saturday.

So, who's out today to add to the coffers of the retailers.

Absobloodylutelynot!!...

Plenty I still need to do but I'll do it in the week, here and there

Last weekend before Xmas will just be horrible and I may want to hurt someone :D

You'll want to avoid the hangover brigade who overdid things when they were out last night, since there'll not be a lot of good cheer amongst them. :rolleyes:

Ordered last pressie from Amazon today (being delivered tomorrow) and finalised food shop (also being delivered tomorrow). Only place of retail I'll be visiting this weekend is Kwik-Fit but I don't anticipate much of a crowd there. ;)

"'Ere ya go, luv, I gotcha a set of brake shoes fer xmas!"

Just treated MYSELF to a new pair of Merrell hiking boots!
(without getting of the couch) bargain price too!

Is there a special occasion coming up or something? :thinking:

I took my ma shopping today. Wasn't as busy as a normal Saturday. Probably because most folk were half dead from mad Friday.

Only place of retail I'll be visiting this weekend is Kwik-Fit but I don't anticipate much of a crowd there. ;)
That's not a place of retail, that's a place to have your wallet raped for no food reason. Much better and cheaper places are available.
As for Panic Saturday, I did not partake, I spent all day at working topping up the bank account. I shall be doing the same tomorrow as well. ;)

And even if you hadn't; I've done price comparisons in the past where they came out on top; as in best priced. Or alternatively if they are the only one having it in stock.

Lots of good reasons possible why to choose a retailer.

Quite handy for free parking in the city centre here too - drop it off for a brake check and go back for it a couple of hours later! ;)

Is today nor stampede Sunday

Well we ventured out to the town centre for shopping. We arrived at 9am, had done everything by 1pm and left. Yes it was jam packed full of people but thankfully we didn't have to deal too much with queues.

I would have preferred online shopping but sometimes you have to see things in person and handle them especially clothes.

The wife asked a few stores about when their "January" sales start and all of them were going to start heavily discounting on Christmas Eve.

Last edited:
I do mine Christmas Eve like I do every year. Bluewater is lovely on Christmas Eve :D

And even if you hadn't; I've done price comparisons in the past where they came out on top; as in best priced. Or alternatively if they are the only one having it in stock.

Lots of good reasons possible why to choose a retailer.
Are you referring to Kwik Fit being best priced. I found them to be over priced. I needed a tyre in an emergency and they were the only place nearby open. I ended up paying around £10 more for a cheapo unheard of make than I normally paid for a good branded tyre. Plus they are very good at pointing out work that doesn't need doing hoping the customer isn't really mechanically savvy.

Not buying for me this time of year.
After manic Monday and panic Saturday, comes "Oh S**t" Wednesday in mid-Feb, when the Visa card bills come in, followed shortly by an influx of bargains on eBay etc....
Christmas, it's just another day...

Are you referring to Kwik Fit being best priced. I found them to be over priced. I needed a tyre in an emergency and they were the only place nearby open. I ended up paying around £10 more for a cheapo unheard of make than I normally paid for a good branded tyre. Plus they are very good at pointing out work that doesn't need doing hoping the customer isn't really mechanically savvy.
Like any retailer, sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Last year for 4 Pirelli P-Zero tyres they were about £18 per corner cheaper...I wouldn't dream to generalise for all products they carry.

Like any retailer, sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Last year for 4 Pirelli P-Zero tyres they were about £18 per corner cheaper...I wouldn't dream to generalise for all products they carry.
Lot's of places price match and generally treat the customer and the vehicle much better. I certainly wouldn't trust them with my car, unless I have to like last time.

Lot's of places price match and generally treat the customer and the vehicle much better. I certainly wouldn't trust them with my car, unless I have to like last time.
Blimey, nice generalisation. Come on it's just a ford not some exotic vehicle.

I used to use a Kwik Fit to fit tyres on the car. The guy was good and did it without marking the alloys. He then left and I used to order tyres online and then go to an alloy wheel shop to get them fitted.

Blimey, nice generalisation. Come on it's just a ford not some exotic vehicle.
A generalisation based on past experiences and their poor reputation. Just because it's a Ford, doesn't mean it can't be treated with respect, it's all mine, not part owned by a bank or 3rd party and I believe in taking care of it and entrusting it to those I believe will also look after it.

Back