Parcels2Go - Avoid!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning people.

After a recent encounter with the likes of Parcels2go.com I would like to make people aware of this company/website.

I recently sold an item to another member of this forum, hes being very patient and I thank him for this.

Anyway, arranged for a courier, mainly that of TNT via P2G, to collect the item on Tuesday morning with urgent next day delivery on Wednesday, paid £13 in the end.

The item was collected mid day and taken from me, I was told that they have a van that travels to Scotland every day and it would definatly arrive on Wednesday by 17:30 to the address I sent it to.

Come Thursday I checked via the tracking and the item was listed as leaving the Nottingham depot but not recieved any where else, this is now 24hrs late.

I called TNT and they put me on hold for a while and came back with "Sorry sir I can not tell you anything about your parcel, you will have to phone parcels2go to find out anything more" They literally would not tell me a thing.

I phoned P2G and it kept telling me to use their live on line service, so I went on line to find out that its not in use at the moment and was advised to call their help line.

After a very long multi selection auto messages, I finally got through to some thing called a human being, strange creatures....
I told the lady of my situation, to which she said she would email TNT for an update on the parcel and get back to me within the next 24-48hrs... And then promptly hung up on me.

So checking the tracking number online via P2G, they attempted to make a delivery at 17:30 to the address on Thursday night.

After speaking with the member on here, no calling card was left to say anyone had been, I have called TNT again and tried to ask them to arrange with the person who is waiting for the item, yet again I was refered to P2G.

I have called P2G and they said to do this it will cost me extra for the service.

Well, I will not be using parcels2go.com ever again! Very bad service, my item was sent on a 24hr next day service and now more than 3x that, the item has still not been delivered.

Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!:thumbsdown::shake:

Last edited:
used them tonnes of times with no bother, the one issue i had they rearranged my collection (when yodel didnt turn up) promptly and easily via the live chat.

if you use them just remember to check the insurance value and exclusion list..

I personally would never use Parcels2Go again having had my own horror story with them.

I used Parcels2Go to arrange for a pick up and next day delivery of a large item I had sold to a fellow member.

Pick up day came and went with no sign of the courier.

Put in a call to Parcels2Go who apologised and arranged for the item to be collected again on the same terms.

Again pick up day came and went with no sign of the courier.

By this time the member I had sold the item to was getting restless and rightly so, in the end I took the parcel down to the post office myself and paid for it to be delivered the next day

To add insult to injury Parcels2Go also had the cheek to charge me twice for their failed attempts and it took me over 3 months to get all my money back from them

Another regular P2Go user here with nothing bad to say about them.

I've used them loads and never had an issue.

To be fair it seems more an issue with TNT who are the subcontractors. Yes I guess Parcels2go are ultimately responsible given they are your supplier but we all know how bad courier companies can be.

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and Yodel are the biggest bunch of idiots amongst them. But that's Yodel and not Amazon. That said I dearly wish Amazon would move from them.

To be fair it seems more an issue with TNT

I didn't use the TNT service myself

I lay the blame firmly at the door of Parcels2Go

In my particular situation you would of thought after cocking it up once they would make sure they got it right the next time but no they cocked it up again, charged me twice for the privilege of a none service and then took 3 months to give me my money back.

I am sure there are a lot of people happy with the service they get from Parcels2Go but equally I am sure there are a lot of unhappy customers to - you take your chances I guess

Good morning people.

I was told that they have a van that travels to Scotland every day

have to say that bit was quite funny!!

TNT will never tell you anything about the parcel because you arent the customer, P2G are.
So basically TNT didnt leave a calling card? And thats the fault of P2G?

The one I avoid is City Link. I live on the Isle of Wight. If City Link try to deliver when no one is home, they leave a card inviting me to pick up the parcel in Portsmouth which would involve a train, a boat and a taxi to get there. This is despite them having a depot here.

Steve.

I've used P2G with no issues previously but now tend to use www.interparcle.com

Their basic parcel (branded interparcel) is actually UPS and is something like £7.95+VAT and is very good value. They alos offer CityLink / Yodel / Hermes so you can choose you level of risk ;)

One thing I'd always recommend is to not skimp on the insurance (IIRC it is default at £50 (and £20 on some of their cheaper offerings)) always worth the extra £5 to cover the true value.

I've always found them fine I think your experience could be an anomaly

i used to use them and they were pretty good.. however i switched to interparcel as p2g used to mainly use DHL who are a bit crap, and interparcel have UPS who are fantastic.

this....I mistakingly thought it was P2Go that I used, but it was infact Interparcel and the basic service as described is UPS and very reliable.Everytime I booked a collection the driver would turn up within the same 30 minute window.

i'm pretty sure the ratio of bad reviews would decrease if everyone who actually had a positive experience with P2Go posted their thoughts online. In the main people only tend to post when they have a problem.

Last edited:
Careful here folks - there seem to be two companies, Parcel to go and Parcels to go.

Last edited:
the problem seems to be with TNT and not parcel2go.

How long did it actually take for the item to be delivered after collection?Was the address a remote address it might take longer than normal

My personal experience, UPS are the best courier service to use, followed closely by city link

Parcel2go, great service till things go wrong, then their customer service is truly useless. Prefer using parcelmonkey myself now, they seem to have a better system for dealing with missing items, though they are pricier.

Back