Paris - Seine and Eiffel tower at night

Name
Xavier
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken last week from the pont Mirabeau, looking north up the river Seine.

Click on pic for high res

It's not quite as sharp as I'd like pixel peeping, didn't have a stand so was balancing on edge of bridge, petrified of the camera falling in the drink!

Can't decide whether the buildings on the right are considered distracting or not. In a way they are, but then I think they all add to the cityscape of Paris.

C&C welcome :)

Last edited:
Something is distracting as it looks crooked and out of level...optical illusion ?

I was there from Thursday through Sunday but not for making images :) I like this. I did get a few through the day but I would have liked a walk at night.

Nicely composed, and the traffic trails on the left work well to balance the buildings on the opposite bank.

Really wanted to have been taken a little earlier though, to get some colour in the sky and a bit of detail in the buildings.
Thanks. I really need a wider angle. 24mm isn't enough!

I can try one night if I can leave work early enough to get some colour in the sky. Now the clocks have moved forward and the days are getting longer, it should be possible :)

Excellent shot, nicely balanced. I too would like to see an earlier take with a bit of light on the buildings, but this will do very nicely for now. Makes me want to go back there again!

Back