Park Cameras - Praise

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
I made an asre of myself.

I ordered a Pentax fit Sigma 1.4 converter for my Sigma 120 - 400mm lens from Park Cameras.
It arrived at 1500 today. I then discovered it would not lock into place on the lens.
I had stupidly misread the lens compatibility list. The converter is incompatible with that lens.

I emailed Park Cameras a short while ago with my confession and asked for a refund or credit note.
No exaggeration here - reply came in within 2 minutes. Send the converter back - happy to give a refund.

Distanced sales of goods act?

That's a seriously quick reply though, top stuff. I've heard good things about PC's after sales.

According to Sigma the 1.4 and 2.0 are both compatible in manual which is all you would would have got anyway.

According to Sigma the 1.4 and 2.0 are both compatible in manual which is all you would would have got anyway.

The problem is only with the Pentax fit.

I got the magnifying glass out and read the intructions for the lens in question - the converter cannot be used with the Pentax version of the lens.
Park's website states the same.

I did try (before looking at any instructions). The converter goes on to the camera correctly, but does not go onto the lens properly. The bayonet fittings engage and turn smoothly enough, but do not lock into place thereby leaving the lens free to turn through about 90° on the converter (it actually does just that when the focussing ring is turned so apart from the linkages/connections not lining up there is a danger of the lens separating from the converter).

Service or what most of the big boys like Park and Camerabox are giving excellent service and taking items back for full refunds lets hope the other large online shops see this trend

Back