Peli cases

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just got a Peli case. Well truth be told I have bought my second one. I initially got an IM2720 and although I was really impressed by the build etc it is too big for most of the jobs I do. A second hand 1560 came on on MPB last night so I snapped it up for just over 100 quid.

I'm pondering between the padded inserts or a DIY Trek Pac and it would be great to see if anyone uses a Peli for football or Rugby and how they pack it and with what inserts and if they find one type better than the other. In terms of kit I am hoping it will take 3 bodies, 400mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 and 24-70 f2.8 or 16-35 f2.8 and the usual batteries and cards etc. I have the lid insert so all the small stuff will be in those pouches.

Any images of loaded Pelis would be really useful especially with 400mm F2.8

i use the padded inserts that you can set yourself.. I have a 1dx3 attached to the 400, a 1dx 2 attached to a 70-200 and a 1dx attached to a 24-70 so no setting up bodies in lens when i get to a job.. also fits my monopod and i have the lid tidy with everyhting i need in there... am away from home so cant show a pic sorry.. but everthing fits nice and compact...

one thing.. search on here for wheel change.. deffo replace the peli wheels for skate wheels :)

Used to have the 1560 and 1510, both great cases. Tried the TrekPac inserts, looks real "Gucci" with the red tabs etc but not very practical. With the dividers being semi rigid a lot of space is lost, the padded dividers are much more efficient. As @KIPAX has said, deffo go for the skateboard wheel modification!

GC

i use the padded inserts that you can set yourself.. I have a 1dx3 attached to the 400, a 1dx 2 attached to a 70-200 and a 1dx attached to a 24-70 so no setting up bodies in lens when i get to a job.. also fits my monopod and i have the lid tidy with everyhting i need in there... am away from home so cant show a pic sorry.. but everthing fits nice and compact...

one thing.. search on here for wheel change.. deffo replace the peli wheels for skate wheels :)
Thanks @KIPAX That is exactly how my soft rolling bag is set up now. The case arrived today but the inserts will be another week as they are a China purchase. The wheels on my bigger peli are the newer scooter style and they are nice and quiet. I have a set bookmarked and will get them sent in the next few days.

Used to have the 1560 and 1510, both great cases. Tried the TrekPac inserts, looks real "Gucci" with the red tabs etc but not very practical. With the dividers being semi rigid a lot of space is lost, the padded dividers are much more efficient. As @KIPAX has said, deffo go for the skateboard wheel modification!

GC
Cheers, I have ordered some inserts and that sounds like the best idea for this case

Where are you guys sourcing the upgraded wheels from in the UK? I've got (too many) several peli cases that could do with the wheel upgrade. I ordered a kit when I was in the USA, but the axles were too short and I gave up then.... Any ideas?
Ordered a box years ago, will try and find the source. Only ordered the wheels though, drifted the original spindles out with a pin punch and re-used them.

GC

Thanks! I think I ordered those before, but the replacement splines were too short.

The comment below suggests retaining the knock through splines instead of the spilt ones supplied. I think I’ll order those and revert back. I’ve got 6 wheeled peli cases so a solution would be nice!

Where are you guys sourcing the upgraded wheels from in the UK? I've got (too many) several peli cases that could do with the wheel upgrade. I ordered a kit when I was in the USA, but the axles were too short and I gave up then.... Any ideas?
While since I got mine but they were from Decathlon website

I got mine from decathlon germany. wheels only .. came quite quick

dont get the wrong ones though.. i accidently got these once haha

View: https://youtu.be/3WNcFsIzxFE

I had a 1560 when I was 'embedded' into a F3 race team and was using their truck as a mobile editing centre.
When that ended, I found the case a little too big, and a little too heavy, and found myself not using it more often then not, so sold it on. I used the padded divider set, and managed to get a second divider set very cheaply during a Wex sale, so was able to tweak it. Never got round to the lid organiser.

Now use either a Think Tank soft padded roller, or a Lowepro backpack. I used the Peli as a seat several times, sitting on the lid was OK, but if you stood it upright, you were always sitting on a handle which became quite uncomfortable quite quickly.

I got the ones I linked to above from Amazon. They work fine but the axle is a few mm short so I will probably change the bearings to the original ones and do it that way

Back