Pen Yr Ole Wen, Snowdonia

Edit My Images
No
A couple from yesterday in Snowdonia. A dusting of new snow on Saturday night just takes the edge off the grey conditions

Pen Yr Ole Wen

Idwal Reflections

Please feel free to click through for full resolution versions

Last edited:
I love the reflection in the second one (y) and the details that you can see through the water (y) really nice :clap: the first personally I'd have like to have seen you get further down to the water edge if that makes sense :thinking: or if it were possible

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks so much for the comments guys. regarding the first one, I tried to get lower down but you're a bit TOO low and lose the feeling of space and the distant hills. I did take a shot from here which I might post later when I've processed it

Very nice shots Alun especialy no.1, the light appearing on the mountain is fantastic. I'm hoping the snow stays for the weekend when i'm there (y)

I hope you get some good weather when you're here but I couldnt guarantee it :shake:

You can have a look at the conditions on this webcam for the Ogwen Valley to see if theres snow about - it points in the direction of these pictures:-

http://www.ogwen-rescue.org.uk/oggi_cam/index.php

This is one taken a bit lower down (in!) the river pointing back to Cwm Idwal and Y Garn

Please feel free to click through for full resolution versions

Last edited:
Back