Pens that work

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Wiht the job I do theres always a need for pen and paper.. I wont carry a pen in the camera bag case as that would be stupid.. imagine a leak?

So I ahve pens in the car and coat pockets.. all over place so I know theres always one to hand..

loads of times at the critical moment the pen doesnt work :(

can anyone reccomend a decent pen.. soemthing I can buy a dozen of and they work every time? is there such a thing?

yeagh done pencil.. doesnt work as good.. hard to explain but it becomes hard to read..

If you want a pen then a Parker always works. Costs a bit, but won't leak in the camera bag. refills last for ages. Failing that an indelible pencil always works but gives you a purple tongue!

So, exactly how many pens have leaked on you?

So, exactly how many pens have leaked on you?

loads.. my missus goes up the wall when my pockets are full of ink :( Why do you ask ?

Well in my lifetime I think I've only ever had one. You must be exceedingly unlucky.

Well in my lifetime I think I've only ever had one. You must be exceedingly unlucky.

Still not saying why you wanted to know? unlucky? or using cheap pens and putting them in pocket wrong way round or summat.. I dont know...

I am one of these people who cant have one pen.... I need multiple ones all over the place so i can easy lay hands on it.. some days I might not need a pen then I might without notice.. hence why i dont carry one all the time on my person (and wouldnt carry pencil and sharpener) but I need to be able to put my hands on one when needed so usualy have a few dotted about.. this sint in the office.. this is out and about... so in car.. in different coats...if i know i need one then take...... mutliple pens multiple places and situations I suppose enhances the chances of a leak.. one pen you carry around in top pocket or sat on your desk probably no leak....... Its not somehting I am going to make up lies about :) So neeed reliable pens..... looking like a dozen of those parker ones then :)

Still not saying why you wanted to know? unlucky? or using cheap pens and putting them in pocket wrong way round or summat.. I dont know...

I should have thought it was obvious I'd answered your question. I wished to enquire how often you'd experienced the problem, as, personally, I've never experienced similar problems, as I said.

Try the Mitsubishi Uniball SX-210 Tony, it's the smoothest, fastest drying pen I've ever used. There's a link HERE for a dozen on Amazon but you can obviously buy them singly.
Separate cap so not much chance of a leak (not that mine ever have done) the ink dries instantly which is great as I'm left handed and often smudged the ink on other pens. Worth a look anyway.

Another vote for Parker pens. My Dad swears by them, he's real old school [though his pens get used mostly in the bookies!] He's had pens for years that have never failed him. He's gotten gifts of them over the years, and just buys the refills when they eventually run out. You can get some really nice parker pens, they come in boxes, like watches. Get one like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personali...ncils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item232d14e1b8

And if you can find refills for it, you'll have it for life. Unless you lose it obviously.

[edit] Refills look like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hellfire-...ncils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item5af29f967f

Are you wanting a fountain pen or a ball point ?

Try Lamy from this place but they have LOTS of other makes as well . http://www.cultpens.com Have bought quite a few things from them in the past - nice folk to deal with.

My personal fountain pens are Parkers [ 4 of them - inherited ] and a Sheaffer

I have to say I have always had Parker "jotter" pens and never had a problem with them, leaks or otherwise

Prick your finger and write in blood :)
There'll always be one at hand.

I usually have a space pen in my pocket but it hasn't made it back in there since we came back from holiday (security think it looks like a bullet so I don't take it.) Never leaked, always works. There are pen pots in every room here at home as well, most have a Parker rollerball in them as well as a couple of Bics, a Sharpie and a Parker fountain pen. Personally, I hate writing with ballpoints so use a fountain pen for almost all longhand writing.

Chances are that you know someone with false teeth - the cleaning tablet tubes make good water(ink)proof storage.

Another vote for Parker pens. My Dad swears by them, he's real old school [though his pens get used mostly in the bookies!] He's had pens for years that have never failed him. He's gotten gifts of them over the years, and just buys the refills when they eventually run out. You can get some really nice parker pens, they come in boxes, like watches. Get one like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personali...ncils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item232d14e1b8

as stated i want to buy a dozen to have dotted about.. agree great pen but at 15 quid each thats gonna be 150 quid on pens... thanks but :)

Try the Mitsubishi Uniball SX-210 Tony, it's the smoothest, fastest drying pen I've ever used. There's a link HERE for a dozen on Amazon but you can obviously buy them singly.
Separate cap so not much chance of a leak (not that mine ever have done) the ink dries instantly which is great as I'm left handed and often smudged the ink on other pens. Worth a look anyway.

loverly loking but 10 of them at 17 quid each?

Yep. I have one in each camera bag and others in the car etc. I "think" they are guaranteed not to leak - they were at one time, when I were a lad.

cheers ... this is what i am going for then.. :)

Decent choice. The Parker Jotters are reliable and inexpensive, I just don't find them very comfortable to use. My 'work' pens are a Lamy fountain pen, and a few Pilot BPS-GPs for the times when a ball point is easier. None of these have ever leaked.

And a knife, so much more useful than a sharpener:)
I completely agree but I didn't want to start an "argument" about what is and what isn't allowed to be carried :D

I completely agree but I didn't want to start an "argument" about what is and what isn't allowed to be carried :D

Surely not? At least one of my EDC knives complies with UK law, and any of them will sharpen a pencil very well...:p

Surely not? At least one of my EDC knives complies with UK law, and any of them will sharpen a pencil very well...:p
My 8 inch Bowie causes a stir when I whip it out though :(

:D

My 8 inch Bowie causes a stir when I whip it out though :(

:D

You know David doesn't like it when you do that...it's written on the restraining order. :LOL:

Another one for Pilot pens. They are liquid ink but I have never had one leak. I like the V7 or for a finer line the V5. Great choice of colours.

Have look on ebay or Amazon.

Back