Pet Rat!

Name
Martha (nickname is Violet)
Edit My Images
Yes
Any comments would be lovely :D

b1 by Vi27, on Flickr

Last edited:
Mrs Stow is phobic about rats............. I however, am not. I think he looks good, particularly in the first. Not a shabby effort as lets be right, as a rat, he'll never appeal to Mrs Stow or her ilk. For me good pics. :D:D

I'm not sure that I really like the pink treatment (Rat Valentine?), but rats are wonderful. We had lots of them when my daughter was younger, and my wife used to feed the wild ones in our garden until my - elderly, and wonderful - neighbour dropped a couple of hints that this might not be such a good idea. I suppose he was right, they were inviting their family and friends at one point!

The pink treatment?? The background is pink, because she's a girl. That's all the pink was for :)

Some of one of my other rats, Smokey...

Smokey by Vi27, on Flickr

Smokey by Vi27, on Flickr

Shall I try Elvie (the rat in the OP) on another background, any suggestions on which colour?

Great pics.

We just lost our pet rat couple of days ago. We nursed him for 3 weeks before he succumbed to old age. Rats make fantastic pets. They don't have a mean bone in their body, even when old they didn't nip or bite.

The pink treatment?? The background is pink, because she's a girl. That's all the pink was for :)

Shall I try Elvie (the rat in the OP) on another background, any suggestions on which colour?

Ah, my apologies. I assumed the pink was for Valentines Day :) I don't dislike pink, just thought it - sort of - overpowered the shot?

We had a Smokey too. She arrived with her sister, Storm, inside their pregnant mum but, of course, we didn't know she was pregnant at that point. We kept the two girls, and friends adopted their brothers when they were a bit older.

Lovely pics, we used to have pet rats, my hairless boy was my fave :) Loving the Dumbo ears

Back