'Phobias' 2010 College Work

Name
Ashly
Edit My Images
No
A collection of photographs depicting 'Phobias' using photomontage techniques that
were created for a college assignment in 2010.

Perhaps not much of an original concept but hopefully a slightly more original take
on portraying a small collection of photographs. I'm far too criticising of my own work
& there are only a few on my online portfolio currently.

Thantophobia.jpg

# Thantophobia → Fear of Death

The rest of the series can be viewed here. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Absolutely superb. Well done Ashley - I especially love the one with the face being taken off.

Top marks!!

Absolutely superb. Well done Ashly - I especially love the one with the face being taken off.

Top marks!!

Awh thank you for your kind words!
I was concerned about being slated for the unoriginal concept hahaha.

Fantastic work!, great series aswell all very interesting :)

Thanks
Jack

Thank you all for the kind words! ♥

Very good set indeed! The only thing that's just slightly annoying me is the vignette on this one. Might be better doing it very subtly & leaving some more detail behind it. That's me being annoyingly picky though. Good work (y)

Might be better doing it very subtly & leaving some more detail behind it.

Do you mean leave some more of the skull or letting more of the girls' face to come through?
Nah being specific isn't a bad thing, I don't mind constructive criticism!

I mean in the vignette, nothing to do with the rest of it!

Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this vignette thing :thinking: :help:

Superb idea for a set of pics, I like the b&w and the texture of the coffee spill/text adds another dimention. The vignette is a wee bit severe but only a photographer would notice.
(y) I sense the force is strong in this one (y)

@Joenail & @Hyster

It does look a little too much now that you've highlighted it to me hahaha.
I originally created the images for a 'concept' book in a college assignment & the printed photographs
were no more than about 480 pixels width on each small page & it needed to be more vibrant to be
seen. Viewed larger it probably stands out a little too much. I'll probs remanipulate these if I were to
ever get them printed large! Perhaps in my portfolio ~ Cheers for the advice.

Last edited:
Back