Photo club internal comp

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

Camera club as a set theme to take a triptych image, we are allowed 2 entries.
I took these the other week as my Mrs and the family did the ice bucket challenge, so thought they may work and be a bit different.
Was looking to see if there were a preferance for either one as I only want to use one.

Gaz
ps: I have added a link at bottom for bigger size if anyone would be kind enough to look and give me your thoughts.

Thanks
tp2.jpg

tp_1.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/u1elep6zz/full/

http://postimg.org/image/drofbswbz/full/

Last edited:
My thoughts are very much in favour of the first set.
I think they tell a fuller story, also in the right frame, the woman looks happy and just more composed.
If it were my set, I'd try and crop them so that
1 the water pourer on left panel in first triptych was out of shot.
2 the same amount of the woman was visible in each, so either widen the crop on right, or crop more closely on left and mid panels.
These are just my thoughts ☺
(but then I'm a fan of symmetry and order )

Last edited:
I think set one because it tells three stages of the story, where as the second set sharing the same photo but just with a tighter crop doesn't work for me. Also there is flare in the first and second pictures in set 2.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
I think set one because it tells three stages of the story, where as the second set sharing the same photo but just with a tighter crop doesn't work for me. Also there is flare in the first and second pictures in set 2.

Good luck :)

Exactly this. I was always under the impression that it should be three separate images, and not using 2 crops of the same image.

Exactly this. I was always under the impression that it should be three separate images, and not using 2 crops of the same image.

I hadn't twigged that that was the case and I agree, unless perhaps all three were different crops of the same shot, revealing greater detail or something hidden in the first crop being revealed through the set.

Thanks Jon,Ruth & Mike for the feedback it means a bunch that you took the time to reply. The first image was the one I prefered but like Jon mentioned in his last post I thought there were more detail to be seen in the crop on the second image hence me doing it that way. I get what you mean about the story progression in the first image. I will have a play with the crops as you suggest and see what can be achieved (later). Will post back results if it works.

Thanks

Gaz

Back