Photo mechanic

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
No mention of photo mechanic in the forum when I searched so just a mention that is far faster than Lightroom for previewing, rating and selecting images. For me a new addition to the workflow and will save me from upgrading my computer. Actually I suspect upgrading still won’t be as fast as photo mechanic. Also the ratings from PM are saved in meta data so you can integrate quite well with LR.

Anyone else tried it? My next step it is review and cull the back catalog in LR. Need to figure out the best way to do that.

A few people on the forum use Photo Mechanic.

I've been using it ever since I first started shooting digital - nearly 20 years ago with a Kodak DCS 520 camera (a game changing 2 megapixel DSLR).

It was indespensible when I was shooting and transmitting to ever imminent newspaper deadlines. Nowadays I don't need it's speed and convenience, but it's still a very useful element in my now more relaxed workflow.

now indispensable for me too. Used it for first event with 3k pics last weekend and got through rating and selecting in under two hours, so that’s 1-2 seconds per pic. So much quicker.

I like the way it handles the raw+jpg combinations. It's my first point of call when culling.

Working on the back catalogue is proving very simple. Once I’ve done a double check in PM, simply read the metadata again in LR then delete and remove from disk the ones I don’t need. What a great piece of software, wish I’d known about it a long time ago!

....and replaced with...? would be good to know
Photomechanic,FastStone and Picasa. That way I was not waiting to get things done.All the basics are there and I don't want and will never need 90% of the things on LR or PS they are juts far too slow and cumbersome.

Photomechanic,FastStone and Picasa. That way I was not waiting to get things done.All the basics are there and I don't want and will never need 90% of the things on LR or PS they are juts far too slow and cumbersome.
thank you!

Back