Photo shoot: birds of prey

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken tonight at the camera club...an Eagle owl.

Eagle-owl1.jpg

C&C Welcome.

what can i say apart from fantastic good exposure and looks fine .

Yeh, I'll go with to, looks false to me:shrug: Flourescant cast?

what sort of lighting was used? The background looks fine but the bird and logs all look a bit too yellow?? :thinking:

Yes - that's better.

Much better PS ... (y) ... just a shame the background is so unnatural and not quite out of focus enough imhgo ... :shrug: ... but the owl itself is a really fine image ... :D

:p

Thats better, nice shot.
Now if you can just change the b/g colour to a more natural green..........:exit:
Dean;)

Yep much better (y)

Well thats gone from a great image to a fantastic one by the end of tweaking. I actually like the background too.

Dare I suggest that you take out the Jess from the feet of the owl. That is the one giveaway when phgotographing captive birds. I'm no expert on photoshop as I tend not to add or takeaway anything major from a natural history shot but I don't see a problem in this instance

Dare I suggest that you take out the Jess from the feet of the owl. That is the one giveaway when phgotographing captive birds. I'm no expert on photoshop as I tend not to add or takeaway anything major from a natural history shot but I don't see a problem in this instance

Even if I take the jess' off, it's still a very "un-natural" situation, so I don't think that would help, TBH, but thanks for your comments.

Back