Photo52 2012 : Join In !!! : Week 52 Busy

Sweet. I'm im, although I've still not finished this years and we've already got next years weel one :help:

Looking forward to some more brain wrecking themes.

Hopefully I'll get this years done tomorrow :cool:

not sure I'm good enough yet but willing to give it a go :)

sturisoma said:

Since this is a personal challenge , there's no competition. If I walk away at the end of next year with a sense of achievement and hopefully improvement in my photography skills/undersranding I will be more than happy.

:)

I know it isn't a competition but looking at past entries they all seem very good :D

Are you accepting entrants from abroad? If so, I would like to have a go at this. I feel I have improved quite a bit throughout 2011, and would like to accelerate my progress in the new year.

Matty2 said:
Are you accepting entrants from abroad? If so, I would like to have a go at this. I feel I have improved quite a bit throughout 2011, and would like to accelerate my progress in the new year.

Its a personal challenge so you can do it (from) anywhere, anytime and anyway you want!

The only thing you may miss out on is the meets that sometimes happen for those taking part.

C`mon peeps. Chop chop, `n` get shooting :D

sturisoma said:
I know it isn't a competition but looking at past entries they all seem very good :D

I feel the same after looking through a few threads from 2011!!

Even the first topic is scaring me!

First week will be up Tuesday night / Wednesday morning next week just to give you all a head start on the first week (and to help Lynne's withdrawal symptoms :D)

Thanks for posting early Sarah (y) Now got a few days to rack my brains & come up with something half passable :eek:

Thanks for posting early, I have an idea for week 1, 7d arrives tomorrow, so it's new year, new camera, and a new challenge, time to get shooting

One of the reasons for taking part in the 52 is to improve your photography. I'm sure you'll suprise yourself (y)

Thanks for posting early, I have an idea for week 1, 7d arrives tomorrow, so it's new year, new camera, and a new challenge, time to get shooting

OOOOoooo, shiney new gear. Pity it's a Canon...:D

Cheers.

New camera, new challenge! I'm going to give this ago and hopefully will see an improvement by next year!:)

Anyway, sounds like fun!

Good luck to the 52's and 366's.

i do like this time of year...i remember 2011 like it was only 360 days ago ... everyone lining up on the starting blocks, eager beavers!!

will it be the grand national of TP yet again... i hope not... putting down fallen togs and rifling through their kit bags for ID is not a pleasant business... you lot have committed yourselves to 52 weeks of mirth, misery and mayhem as deadlines slip and tension builds... (y)

OOOOoooo, shiney new gear. Pity it's a Canon...:D

Cheers.

oi you can fall out with people you know,:D:D and this is the first brand new camera i've bought:D:D

7d !!!!!! think i need to look for another job. Hope you had a great chrimbo Liz

steve

I would like to ask all those original 2011 52's to give as much direction and encouragement to the young ones starting off... i ask this as i seem to recall us all flounding in the mire of critique in those early weeks with no real leadership... we're longer in the tooth now... let us pass on knowledge and be an example ?

whose with me? ..well ahem..i'll be at the back of the class of course ..ahem... don't pay too much attention back there .. i am there.. ;)

7d !!!!!! think i need to look for another job. Hope you had a great chrimbo Liz

steve

maybe you do, your present company pay crap you know;);););) and hope you had a good christmas too Steve

maybe you do, your present company pay crap you know;);););) and hope you had a good christmas too Steve

You did the right thing Liz, got out at the right time. (y)

Some crap to come over the coming months me thinks.

I would like to ask all those original 2011 52's to give as much direction and encouragement to the young ones starting off... i ask this as i seem to recall us all flounding in the mire of critique in those early weeks with no real leadership... we're longer in the tooth now... let us pass on knowledge and be an example ?

whose with me? ..well ahem..i'll be at the back of the class of course ..ahem... don't pay too much attention back there .. i am there.. ;)

Hiya Kev,

Hear! Hear! .... I am with you on this one :)lol: for once we agree :p)

Andy (Posiview) mentioned on my Photo52 that I should include an excerpt of my parting message here ...... which is:

"Taking on a Photo52 is a mammoth task ..... if you are not totally committed to same ...... you may find yourself very despondent/ and totally disappointed. Which is not a good feeling..... but then on the other hand you might find your 'niche' and venture off in that direction ..... which has happened with fellow 52'ers and they are now producing some fantastic prints.

And then there is always the feeling of 'achievement', when you actually complete the challenge with people who you have formed a united bond with through the year.

That is so precious!!!!!

To be able to celebrate same achievement and reflect on the project is an amazing experience."

I would also like to add that taking on a Photo52 challenge is a roller-coaster ride, full of fun, thrills, excitement, emotion, banter, smiles, winks, grins, cheek, indifference, tears, frowns, lots of laughter, love, razz, EEK's, shaking heads, gags, thinking, :nono:, cuckoo thoughts and ideas, nuts, :naughty:, suspect, help, encouragement, support, congrats, (y), :thumbsdown:, head banging, waves, :bonk:, :beer:, and cheer.

But most of all, the friendships forged and the amount of knowledge and skill of photography derived from same is priceless :)

Good luck to all the newbies, and those returning to the challenge from this year and previous years.

I will pop past each thread as often as I can to offer support and encouragement.

TBH one becomes quite addicted to the Photo52, and I fear my withdrawal of same may take the better of me and I might land up actually starting the 2012 Photo52 all over again. We will see .....

But in the meantime .... enjoy ..... and I look forward to seeing your projects progress.

Cheers

Dawn :)
(Class of 2011 :D)

This sounds like a great challenge.

This starting next week i guess as it is 2012 then?

Last edited:
I would also like to add that taking on a Photo52 challenge is a roller-coaster ride, full of fun, thrills, excitement, emotion, banter, smiles, winks, grins, cheek, indifference, tears, frowns, lots of laughter, love, razz, EEK's, shaking heads, gags, thinking, :nono:, cuckoo thoughts and ideas, nuts, :naughty:, suspect, help, encouragement, support, congrats, (y), :thumbsdown:, head banging, waves, :bonk:, :beer:, and cheer.

:LOL: Would those be your suggestions for next year's themes?

Well said Dawn, and very good luck to all who take part. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to join in. It's tempting, but also needs real commitment to get through to the end.

(y) Welcome aboard.

Week 1 is out now (a little early to let people get their threads sorted out and have a think about it) - see the opening thread.
Week 2 will be drawn on Saturday 7th January.

Thanks. So have all this week and most of next to think of doing something then.

:LOL: Would those be your suggestions for next year's themes?

Well said Dawn, and very good luck to all who take part. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to join in. It's tempting, but also needs real commitment to get through to the end.

:LOL: .... indeed, they would make for an interesting challenge ;) Which leads me to wonder if there are such themes in the 'bag' :eek:

And thanks Sarah .... you put a lot of effort into this year bearing the good/bad news of a new theme, which must be quite a challenge in itself .... but we still :love: you for same. Good luck with leading the way next year.

Cheers

Since this is a personal challenge , there's no competition. If I walk away at the end of next year with a sense of achievement and hopefully improvement in my photography skills/undersranding I will be more than happy.

:)

:plus1:

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! I'm looking forward to giving the 52 ago, to all your feedback (don't be too harsh on me!) and seeing everyones efforts (which I'm sure will be much, much better than mine!) Anyway, it gives me a reason to practice and hipefully some direction (funny that is the first theme, and exactly what I'm lacking...) :bonk:

Cheers all,

Carys :)

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! I'm looking forward to giving the 52 ago, to all your feedback (don't be too harsh on me!) and seeing everyones efforts (which I'm sure will be much, much better than mine!) Anyway, it gives me a reason to practice and hipefully some direction (funny that is the first theme, and exactly what I'm lacking...) :bonk:

Cheers all,

Carys :)

Hiya Carys

Well done to you for taking the plunge and especially as a newbie to TP (btw .... welcome).

There is nothing to be afraid of, granted you may receive harsh critique at time, but view same as part of your learning experience. And believe me if it is unjust critique, your fellow 52'ers will stand by you.

Believe me, it is not an easy task to take on and does take a lot of commitment, thinking outside of the box, imagination, experimenting and development of photography techniques, time supporting your fellow members (which is good because you learn at the same time how to provide constructive critique, which at first you might be dubious about .... but you will soon learn) .... however, at the end you will feel absolutely ecstatic. It is the best feeling ...... I know after having completed this years challenge.

Good luck to you .... and I will pop in now and again to provide encouragement and support.

Cheers

I REALLY want to do this - I got as far as day one of a 365 last year (...seriously:puke:) and have thought about the 52 many times, especially when looking at the threads throughout the past few months. Have neglected my hobby badly for a while and was hoping this would be a great spur on.......then I looked at this weeks 'challenge' and it's suddenly become less like this (y):clap: and more like this :shake::bang:

So, I may be working on two things this year - my photography and my (temporary, I hope) lack of imagination and creativity! :)

Back