Photobox

Edit My Images
No
Hiya,

Just got a load of 12x8's from the above and they are all over saturated. This isnt the first time this has hapened either. Is anyone experiencing thesame problem? I have calobrated my monitor so everything should be fine. It has really ticked me off this has. £21 down the drain.

Any suggestions?

King.

Are you sending the photos to Photobox as sRGB? :shrug:

Yeah, well Nikon sRGB which is just RGB with a different name, I think,...

Right, i think it might have something to do with my office lighting. Held up against the window they are more natural. Still a little staurated, but acceptable.

I had a real problem with darkness. I tried them because of everyone's rave reviews and while they were very quick half of the photos were so dark they were unusable. I had to call the client explain and go back to using Kodak. Which I sent the same exact pictures and got the colours I expected. It is a shame because their speed of service and prices are great.

Dunno, I've used Photobox many, many times and will continue to do so. Every picture they've printed for me (and that's several hundred) has been exactly as I expected.

I had a real problem with darkness. I tried them because of everyone's rave reviews and while they were very quick half of the photos were so dark they were unusable. I had to call the client explain and go back to using Kodak. Which I sent the same exact pictures and got the colours I expected. It is a shame because their speed of service and prices are great.

Have to agree with you. If I have a very important job then I will use Kodak. Thing is, I will sit there watching it from A - Z making sure they dont unlawfully crop/change DPI/res etc so my prints come out as I want them. And yes, a lot of the time the Photobox prints do come back dark. A lot of critics will put it down to colour calibration but when you make a living doing this your kit is always calibrated correctly.

Will be investing in an A3 printer soon, circa £700 so no need to worry about it too much in the future.

Anyway,... thanks.

King.

I think they might be victims of their own success.

Back