photographer hurt at Knockhill today?

here is the video.. he gets up so i guess he is ok (otherwise i would post it)
the video is shot from a long distance just in case anyone is worried its graphic[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8a9vJLZB40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8a9vJLZB40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

From what I heard (and the photo I saw of the car hitting the tyres) the 'tog's camera took the force of one of the tyres and hit him in the face. Apparently he was taken away in the ambulance :(

A few togs caught the incident, here's one of them showing his shot to the Lambo driver.......

3625340317_df7eef99bc.jpg

yeah he does...

is that the same orange lambo that ends up in the tyres every time at knockhill?

Yes indeedy -given that it cost him £2500 just for a new mirror the last time, methinks this might be quite a pricey repair....

Think thats 3 times he's crashed this year that I'm aware of.

Time to hang up the racing shoesand save some doe?

Just three? You need to attend more race meetings - he crashed the Lambo and rolled his Fiesta Challenge car last weekend.

I don't think money's really an issue for him ;)

From what I heard (and the photo I saw of the car hitting the tyres) the 'tog's camera took the force of one of the tyres and hit him in the face. Apparently he was taken away in the ambulance :(

A few togs caught the incident, here's one of them showing his shot to the Lambo driver.......

3625340317_df7eef99bc.jpg

I cant see why he looks so happy with him self :nono:

Luckily I moved from the spot where the Lambo hit earlier on! As you can see the Tog was a very lucky guy! Early reports thought his leg was broken but I later heard he was fine, he was more concerned about his camera!
COL_3969copy-1.jpg

COL_3970copy.jpg

COL_3971copy.jpg

COL_3978copy.jpg

COL_3982copy.jpg

COL_3990copy.jpg

Colin.

Right then leys try and put the record straight here.having just read this on the British rally forum it seems that it was the Marshalls on the flying finish that were injured and are recovering from their injuries in hospital

dave

You're a jammy so-and-so Col, always in the right place at the right time :cautious: :LOL:

The damage to the car doesn't actually look all that bad, still looks a right few quid's worth of new parts will be needed though. At least the new mirror didn't get broken :LOL:

I think the Lambo driver saw the white lens and went for him. That's why him and the Nikon tog look pleased :D

Seriously though, hope the fella is ok. Two reminders today of how dangerous motorsport can be if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sadly the HSE will probably get involved and big catch fences will have to be erected, I had a near miss a year or so back and Power Images shot of the driver helping the Photographer up was similar to me shaking the drivers hand and helping him out of the vehicle ! Stay safe out there !

Same car?

lambog.jpg

If it's the same driver, all i've got to say is RECKLESS!!!

Witnessed him leaving the waiting area upon leaving the track (Croft). Being in a Lambo it was drawing a croud. People obviously gathering round taking photos and he seemed to get a bit peeved off by this. When the marshall opened the double gates to let them out, he floored it out of the area just as the marshall had finished opening the first gate and he just to say squeezed through without making contact with anything/anyone!

What an idiot.

Last edited:
Same car?

lambog.jpg

Witnessed him leaving the waiting area upon leaving the track (Croft). Being in a Lambo it was drawing a croud. People obviously gathering round taking photos and he seemed to get a bit peeved off by this. When the marshall opened the double gates to let them out, he floored it out of the area just as the marshall had finished opening the first gate and he just to say squeezed through without making contact with anything/anyone!

What an idiot.

Same car, same driver.

I was there trying out the lens I bought from Verscocha, I was playing at panning so shutter speed at 1/200. This was taken from the 'Carlube'? corner, a fair distance away. Looked to me like he was hit with the tyres and rolled away then got up unhurt. This is one of a burst of about 20. Sorry about the quality.

img9145ak.jpg

Same car?

lambog.jpg

What an idiot.

If you are in the zone you need to get going, gate open = GO !

Back