Photography in Harrods?

Name
Sophie
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

The boyfriend and I are going to London on christmas eve and Im hoping to snap up some good pictures while we're there. We want to go to Harrods aswell and I know there's going to be things inside I want to take pictures of - ive read a few things on the net where it says photography is prohibited, but then have also read it's only flash photography and tripods that isnt allowed.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Harrods Store Enquiries:+44 (0) 20 7730 1234

There's be dozens of tourists taking pictures in Harrods, so if you use a compact and giggle unnecessarily at everything you take a picture of, you'll just blend in with the others.

Also be aware they don't like you carrying backpacks/rucksacks on your back in there you will be repeatedly told to take it off your back.

Also be aware they don't like you carrying backpacks/rucksacks on your back in there you will be repeatedly told to take it off your back.

To be fair the security guard did say it was for our own protection as they've had pickpockets rifling the backpacks.
They suggest you carry it or you can wear it reversed so it's on your front.

Thanks for the replies. Seeing as the guidelines state that it's really only the jewellery department that prohibits photography ill see if I can get away with it, the camera is coming to london with me anyway - I'll probably find it's too busy in there anyway to start taking pictures though.

go in hungry, go into the fish food hall as they have counters that server food. Yum

Hi all,

The boyfriend and I are going to London on christmas eve and Im hoping to snap up some good pictures while we're there. We want to go to Harrods aswell and I know there's going to be things inside I want to take pictures of - ive read a few things on the net where it says photography is prohibited, but then have also read it's only flash photography and tripods that isnt allowed.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Phone them

i would imagine it will be tricky with all the crowds to even get some good shots, but i would suggest phoning them to check, a quick look on their rules on the site indicates its a no no in the jewellery department for example

I was in there over summer with my Nikon D3s and had no problems,I did however avoid photos in the watch area-to busy drooling!

imageforassessment.jpg

as has been said by soooo many pro 'togs... "its easier to ask for forgivness than ask for permission"

i was watching an interview on TWiT with David Hobby this week, and he said (granted, its American) unless it specifically states 'no photography', you are sweet until someone tells me you can't... that was in mall though, which is the grey 'public/private' situation.

Still i think the moral stays... esp as a girl, you're likely to get away with more than a lone guy ;) just apologise if asked to stop, smile sweetly, and you'll be fine!

((obviously avoid photos right in front of security, *of* security, and of anything that might be considered sensitive- cas registers, and jewellery and banking areas))

Anyway, it was Xmas eve you were going.... so where are the shots you got?!

Back