Photography Locations Near St. Ives

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys and gals,

I've got 5 days down in St Ives in Cornwall as of this Sunday, hoping that the weather clears up a little!

Having never ventured that far down I'm not really sure of any locations near there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Godrevy - great views back accross the bay towards st ives, plus good wave action shots (weather permitting) and if you walk over the headland to the north east the possibility of seal action.

St Ives/Carbis Bay itself has some good photo opportunities, nearby Penzance/Marazion gives access to good shots of St Michael's Mount, (good sunset/sunrise) . Newlyn and Mousehole offer fishing craft, fishermen's cottages etc.

Mind you weather forecast isn't looking too special, we're away too :(

Im hoping that if it's not sunny that we at least get one day of stormy weather so i can get the old ND filter out

Thanks for all the suggestions, ill tap them into the old GPS.

Cornwall is my back yard so i know it well . As you have based your self in St Ives your well placed for the whole of south west Cornwall , i will list a few in no particular order .

Nanven Cove - Lands-end Botalick tin mine - Godrevy lighthouse - The mount Marazion - Porthcurno beach . That should keep you busy for a week .

Last edited:
Nanven Cove - Lands-end Botalick tin mine - Godrevy lighthouse - The mount Marazion - Porthcurno beach . That should keep you busy for a week .

I'd echo Botallack, lots of ruined mine buildings with great photo opportunities.
Pendeen lighthouse can be a good location if there's a good sunset.
A walk around the coast path from Land's End has some spectacular views.

If you get to Lands End, remember the local saying "If you can see the Scilly Isles it's going to rain. If you can't see them, it's already raining."

Have a good trip.

Brian.

Back