Photos of Brunettes, an open thread.

How incredibly tacky.

Can't you keep this outdated cr4p in the G&N subforum where it belongs?

How incredibly tacky.

Who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?:oops: :$

Who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?:oops: :$
Mark and I don't often see eye to eye but I can understand where he's coming from in this case. Perhaps his suggestion is valid?

Mark and I don't often see eye to eye but I can understand where he's coming from in this case. Perhaps his suggestion is valid?
Well, you've lost me, I don't see how the comment it relevant to either of the two images I can see :)

Well, you've lost me, I don't see how the comment it relevant to either of the two images I can see :)
Do you not think the thread title is pure and simple objectification?

I appreciate we all have cultural differences… but in my view this has crossed a line (obviously in Marks too).

Last edited:

I appreciate we all have cultural differences… but in my view this has crossed a line (obviously in Marks too).

I certainly did not get that from his comment!

It appeard he was commenting on the images, not the title.

I'm sure he will be grateful for the get-out :) but if that is the case, it has no business being kept elsewhere either as he suggested.

I certainly did not get that from his comment!

It appeard he was commenting on the images, not the title.

I'm sure he will be grateful for the get-out :) but if that is the case, it has no business being kept elsewhere either as he suggested.
I think you’ve misunderstood.
The point isn’t that the image posted belongs in the other section.

But that the ‘attitude’ that created the thread has a place in that section but not in this one.

Personally; I’ve crossed paths with the OP many years ago on another forum, and haven’t commented here as I didn’t want to appear unwelcoming :)

I think you’ve misunderstood.
The point isn’t that the image posted belongs in the other section.

But that the ‘attitude’ that created the thread has a place in that section but not in this one.

Personally; I’ve crossed paths with the OP many years ago on another forum, and haven’t commented here as I didn’t want to appear unwelcoming :)

Yes, I have certainly got the wrong idea then!

Don't know how I could have seen it differently from what was posted though :)

How incredibly tacky.

removing my staff hat for a moment, I find myself agreeing completely with your sentiment, but not necessarily the phrasing of the expression - that said, if I wasn't on the staff, I'd very likely be equally forthright / brutally honest (delete as applicable)

I agree with him quite regularly, but in this case the one thing I don't see being applicable is merging this into the N&G

I certainly think that there should be more reason to taking a photo than "ooh she's got Dark/Blonde/Purple/Puce/No hair"... it's hardly getting to the soul of the subject and making a statement is it...

It's a tacky thread option.

After some debate we decided to let the tacky "readers wives - esque" threads in N&G run, on the basis that they were unlikely to gain traction - 1 photo outside the thread starters for the brunettes and none in the Blondes kind of bore that out. Pretty much says that the contributors in N&G aren't interested in the premise.

I think the issue is probably that the OP who started this and the "wrist fodder" threads in N&G is trying to bring a certain "culture" from a now defunct forum over here - instead of actually joining in here, and appreciating the different values and aims that this place has to the one thats now folded - much the same as a large number of "refugees" from the ex-forum did when they first came in here with their size 12 boots and pretty much demanded everything change to accommodate them.

(actually, i was a member of said forum for over a decade, and even joined the replacement xenforo forum that was launched to help get the ball rolling for them, but its recently swapped servers and ive drifted away because honestly, I didn't particularly like some aspects of the "culture" that had been retained from the origin.)

Last edited:
but both the subjects have black hair??
A possibly interesting factoid, in this context: something over 85% of humans have black or dark brown hair and are therefor brunettes.

However, I was very lucky to get an image of two rare brunettes together...

Angus and Ella Unknown Camera 1991 537-04.jpg

the anarchist in me really, really wants to now flood this thread with photographs of brown haired blokes...

that or open a thread called "grey as a badger" and fill it with selfies....

follicularly challenged members are welcomed to open a "slap 'eds r-us" for the same purposes :exit:

TBH I'd see it as completely fair to post pictures of *people* with brown hair (no mono) in the thread, and it's rather what I expected. And surely things have moved on from left-handed surfing on a site where people are interested in taking pictures rather than a quick J-Arthur.

(Shrug)

that or open a thread called "grey as a badger" and fill it with selfies....

I think that a Grey/Balding thread would get a lot of traction on here - as long as we avoid gratuitous shots of those undergoing chemo or suffering from alopecia.

... but not necessarily the phrasing of the expression

I thought that 'brutal' might be more effective in generating discussion, rather than a polite dissension which could well have been washed over.

As for the G&N suggestion - I thought that was a little bit fairer than suggesting a blanket ban!

Yup, you did.

The thread title belongs in the 1970s. And to add context, this person has created two identical threads in N&G.
Fair enough, with that info added it makes sense !

(you did only quote have my post, the other half was "Don't know how I could have seen it differently from what was posted though :) )

As for the G&N suggestion - I thought that was a little bit fairer than suggesting a blanket ban!
tbf it worked - as in it reminded me of the sad threads in T&A and made me don the hazmat suit and check their contents... Sorry I haven't replied earlier - i've been sat in a bath of dettol since doing the checking.

tbf it worked - as in it reminded me of the sad threads in T&A and made me don the hazmat suit and check their contents... Sorry I haven't replied earlier - i've been sat in a bath of dettol since doing the checking.

I have no desire to be informed about your personal habits when alone!

Back