Phottix Wireless Remote - Let down!!

Name
Christopher
Edit My Images
No
Oh man, Ive had a phottix wireless remote trigger for about a year now and was impressed with it for the price, it work perfectly but last night...it stopped working! It was working the night before! I cycled 8 miles out of the city to do some startrails in the countryside (I did a city startrail the night before and wanted something different) but the trigger decided to fail on me :thumbsdown:. Which meant another 8 miles cycle back (im feeling it this morning!:eek:) I think the connection is a little faulty, anyone else had a similar problem?

However I need a replacement and was thinking of going with the Canon RS-80N3 remote, does anyone have any experience with the product or is there a better alternative? The only function I really need is to be able to lock the shutter release in place. Ive just had a look at the Hahnel Giga T Pro remote control (wireless, timer, shutter lock for £79.99 - to good to be true or not?)

Thanks in advance for your help. (y)

Sure it's not just flat batteries?
I've had a phottix for a long time and never had anything worse than flat batteries :confused:

Yup flat battery, mine did some weird stuff a few weeks ago, got a strip if 5 batteries from Hong kong for about £3 and it's back to working perfectly.

The remote one is always switched on no matter if you press the button so it does draw a tiny amount from the battery all the time.

It is definately not the battery's as I replaced them several times just to make sure. It was playing up 2 months ago when I was in north yorkshire, I just held the connection in firmer and it worked since then until now (sorry I completely forgot about this and would have mentioned it in my earlier post).

Anyway Ive just ordered the hahnel giga t pro remote controller so will see how this one fairs. Sounds a very interesting peice of kit (time for some time-lapses now!)

Ive just had a look at the Hahnel Giga T Pro remote control (wireless, timer, shutter lock for £79.99 - to good to be true or not?)

Thanks in advance for your help. (y)

I have the Hahnel, only used it twice (one load of star trails, one long exposures) so far but really happy with it, I would like a physical power switch on it though as im always worried when its in the bag that its on.

It is definately not the battery's as I replaced them several times just to make sure. It was playing up 2 months ago when I was in north yorkshire, I just held the connection in firmer and it worked since then until now (sorry I completely forgot about this and would have mentioned it in my earlier post).

Anyway Ive just ordered the hahnel giga t pro remote controller so will see how this one fairs. Sounds a very interesting peice of kit (time for some time-lapses now!)

Chris,

Did you ever get the above remote ?

I'd be interested in you thoughts/feedback...

I'm interested in getting one...

Primarily for long exposures / bulb function /timed exposure

Appreciate your thoughts

Phil

I bought the hahnel giga t pro a couple of weeks ago and do rate it. I wrote a review up for it here. Hope that helps.

Back