Pic of Bonnie from Sunday's studio shoot

Name
Peter Buckley-Saxon
Edit My Images
No
He is the first pic from Sunday's shoot with the model Bonnie Stevens. We shot a variety of styles from glamour to this lifestyle closeup.

Bonnie1.jpg

I like the composition with the sweeping diagonals of the head dress and the blue is great. My only comment would be the whites of her left eye look a little blown; if you could town them down a little, I think it would add to the overall effect.

I'd be very happy to have taken this shot!

Much prefer the second :)
The first, just seeing the tear duct makes the eye feel incomplete.
Sorry for being nitpicky! I always feel bad when making little stupid statements like that.

Just my opinion of course :)

Much prefer the second :)
The first, just seeing the tear duct makes the eye feel incomplete.
Sorry for being nitpicky! I always feel bad when making little stupid statements like that.

Just my opinion of course :)

You are not being nitpicky at all. I tried photoshopping over that last piece of right eye with extra material, but it still made the face look wrong. I think it is one of those cases where it doesn't quite work either way. Ah well, that's life!

Anyway, thanks for your comment - appreciated.

For image one I wonder if shopping out the umbrella reflection and putting in a nice dark pupil would lift it a bit.

For me the edge of her right eye is not a problem.

It is a really nice bit of material, and the framing on 2 is great.

That second shot is beautiful. :clap:

I agree with Fragglerock's comment about the umbrella/octagonal softbox reflection too on the first shot, but it's still a shot I'd be very happy with, it just isn't shot #2 though.

Shot number two all the way for me.

Btw, just viewed Bonnie's profile on MM - very pretty model indeed. :)

Second with a tighter crop, (removing the black triangles TR & TL), then it will absolutely sing.

Back