Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say. I'm so impressed with the quality of this camera and thread too. I'm currently in the process of selling my D300s because I find it a little advanced for what I am doing but I don't want to stop taking photographs.

The GF1 and 20mm prime seem to be ideal for what I am looking for and the quality of the images on this thread justify this camera.

All I need now is to sell my Nikon kit and find the best deal on a GF1 + 20mm. Any ideas..?

Strange, I don't understand why it's double posted..?

Just got back from Tenerife. Took my TZ7, and GF1 (with 20mm) and had a great time. The size of the GF1 did not interfere with the holiday and got loads of great pictures.

Just stitching a 21 image pano at the moment from the upper Cable Car station on Teide - should be good when its done :)

Lots of images to follow in due course.

cmt

Has anyone who had a 14-45mm lens and a 45-200mm lens sold them both for an olympus 14-140mm so as to only have to take one lens around??

Anyone know of the best deals currently on a GF1. Looked at the Mathers site and the prices look ok. Is there still a cashback promo..?

Keep up the good work.

Received the lens on loan from Darren today - what a star!

Just took the GF1 pancake out biking yesterday - stunning day.

My steed :)

4843590290_965d6a3123_b.jpg

4843590174_d59c2d3fe0_b.jpg

4843031889_1651ca660e_b.jpg

Hi mate,
Where do you go MTBing if you don't mind me asking. I'm a keen MTB rider and ride North Wales alot and I would like a camera to carry around with me.

mark

After enjoying my GF1 and 20 mm since January, took the plunge yesterday and ordered the 45-200 mm from Mathers and now have it in hand :) Many thanks to all for the recommendation with regards to Mathers prices and their level of service - hope to be able to share some shots here once I've had a good play with my new toy!

Spoke with Mathers today and they seem quite good. The prices they offer are good too.

Can I ask would it be a wise choice to go with the 20mm or the zoom kit lens as a first choice..?

Mark

Spoke with Mathers today and they seem quite good. The prices they offer are good too.

Can I ask would it be a wise choice to go with the 20mm or the zoom kit lens as a first choice..?

Mark

Mark

No issue with Mathers, prices are competitive and service/delivery is superb.

Personally I'm glad I chose the 20mm and despite having the 14-45mm for a few weeks have not used it more than once or twice :shrug:

No issue with Mathers, prices are competitive and service/delivery is superb.

Personally I'm glad I chose the 20mm and despite having the 14-45mm for a few weeks have not used it more than once or twice :shrug:

Thanks mate.

I was asking because there is a kit with the 20mm and 14-45mm for £729 and then there is the £30 cashback from Panasonic making it £699 in total.
:thinking:

Well i got a kit with the 14-45mm and i'm not expert but happy with the pictures i've got so far but i think i will be purchasing a 20mm too.

So if you want both lens thne the double kit your saving compared to purchasing one or other lens at another point.

And if you buy the kit you mention instore you'd get three years warranty too but i don't know store maybe to far for you.

Last edited:
Well i got a kit with the 14-45mm and i'm not expert but happy with the pictures i've got so far but i think i will be purchasing a 20mm too.

So if you want both lens thne the double kit your saving compared to purchasing one or other lens at another point.

And if you buy the kit you mention instore you'd get three years warranty too but i don't know store maybe to far for you.

Store is 1 hour away which is making it tempting. Could do with selling my Nikon kit though.

Store is 1 hour away which is making it tempting. Could do with selling my Nikon kit though.

If you can afford the twin lens kit then go for it - you save approx 70 quid over the price of the gf1+20mm and then buying a 14-45mm later.

The GF1+20mm is the daddy though, but the zoom will add a little flexibility to your photo taking and it is still pretty sharp.

14-140 is a stonking lens too, 45-200 gets mixed reviews.

Go for it! (y)

If you can afford the twin lens kit then go for it - you save approx 70 quid over the price of the gf1+20mm and then buying a 14-45mm later.

The GF1+20mm is the daddy though, but the zoom will add a little flexibility to your photo taking and it is still pretty sharp.

14-140 is a stonking lens too, 45-200 gets mixed reviews.

Go for it! (y)

Cheers mate, appreciate your advice..!

Hi everyone,

Back from Scotland - unsurprisingly I took loads of pics. Haven't sorted through them all yet but here's a few...

darrenj's 14-45 came in very handy - thanks again!

Weather mostly wasn't amazing for landscapes but I got a few and I did go to the Highland Wildlife Park :)

4867991313_194525da71_z.jpg

4867991085_c608b688e9_z.jpg

4867989775_e69975460a_z.jpg

4868602794_da525f3821_z.jpg

4867990865_1b955084ef_z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pic's mate. Was asking where you Mountain bike..?

Just collected my GF1..

Just collected my GF1..

Welcome mate to the GF1 Club.....can't wait to see some pics from you.

Cheers..!

Just trying to get to know the GF1 now and wondered if there is anything that I should set it to. Are there any specific settings I need to tweek..?

I'm going a Ford car show tomorrow at Silverstone and wondered if to leave on 'P' mode for a bit or start on 'A' priority. Not sure yet how to fully understand what aperture to use in certain conditions etc. So the main subject will be cars and I believe the weather is sunny intervals.

Also, would the 20mm be ok to use all day from a focal length point of view?

Mark

Rained, so just pointed my GF1 on Auto out of the door and got this result.

First attempt :(

Just straight out the box.

Guess my computer..?

4869226560_c4e6eb12a4_z.jpg

Thanks mate. TBH I need to start again with photography and learn the basics.

I'd find it quite useful meeting up with someone and basically being shown how to use a camera.

Just collected my GF1..

Ah sorry yes - I mostly ride in the Lake District, but those pics were from up in Scotland, on Ben Lomond. I've also just been at a trail centre called Laggan Wolftrax up in Scotland which is superb.

Congrats on the GF1!

Oh and thanks Oldboy - will post more when I got them sorted. :)

Last edited:
Thanks mate. TBH I need to start again with photography and learn the basics.

I'd find it quite useful meeting up with someone and basically being shown how to use a camera.

Just keep taking pics using different settings, its all a learning curve.

I still tend to use on Auto these days, must be my age I think making me lazy!

Ah sorry yes - I mostly ride in the Lake District, but those pics were from up in Scotland, on Ben Lomond. I've also just been at a trail centre called Laggan Wolftrax up in Scotland which is superb.

Congrats on the GF1!

Oh and thanks Oldboy - will post more when I got them sorted. :)

Thanks.
Have you rode Winlatter..?

Mostly ride North Wales but wouldn't mind trying the Lakes.

ummm... A PEAR !!!???? ?

Don't get you..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back