pics for football manager game anyone?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Been contacted by someone from football league.. general theme being i should give them all the ehad shoulders shots from asfc ... Anyone else have any such dealings..

I do know they have the right to demand supply of images, (it's in the acceptance of rules bit), but I've never heard of it being inforced?, you can of course ask why they require them & for what useage (you do still retain copyright), also check it's legit of course!.

I do know they have the right to demand supply of images, (it's in the acceptance of rules bit), .

acceptance of rules? I did the teampic and head shoulders as a freelance.. no deal with league and not the official club photogrpaher.. so would seem odd i am suposed to give away.. its a football league email but its so they can pass to sega the game makers...

Where you classed as a "Freelance" with a football league accredited licence?. if so your images will come under the dreaded DATACO umbrella!. They do have the right to demand images under their terms & conditions!. Sounds a bit dodgey to me though seeing as they are giving them to a games company?.

Where you classed as a "Freelance" with a football league accredited licence?. if so your images will come under the dreaded DATACO umbrella!. They do have the right to demand images under their terms & conditions!. Sounds a bit dodgey to me though seeing as they are giving them to a games company?.

freelance and no licence required.. was just the team pic as requested by club..

however.. dataco say they cover all content in a ground.. so have emailed them for clarification on this .... should get a reply in next couple of weeks :(

Before Dataco, I can remember doing a similar thing for another well known football team game. I can remember having to do front and back shots that included the players name on the shirts.

There was never any direct payment (even though I tried) as they stated that the club received loads of freebie copies of the software to give away or sell at they wanted.

I did them for Blyth Spartans a few years back, they asked for 1024 x 768px images of each player named firstname_surname format.

I managed to get a free copy of the game but I think that was more from the club as they get free copies rather then FM themselves

Nothing enforces, just requested via club

I get asked every year to supply these and as Mal says, "There was never any direct payment (even though I tried) as they stated that the club received loads of freebie copies of the software to give away or sell at they wanted." I'm not interested in having the game, so never bothered about getting a copy.

I ahve done them before but through the club... but as a freelancer who did the team pics.. I ahve no agreement wiht the football league or the club.. so why should little old me have to give free pictures to companies like SEGA and/or the football league.... ..if the club had control of the pics then they would hand them out.. but they dont.. so they either pay or dont get ... dataco only have control over pics taken at matches... so.. there mine and anyone wants them they pay........... sorted.. :)

I ahve done them before but through the club... but as a freelancer who did the team pics.. I ahve no agreement wiht the football league or the club.. so why should little old me have to give free pictures to companies like SEGA and/or the football league.... ..if the club had control of the pics then they would hand them out.. but they dont.. so they either pay or dont get ... dataco only have control over pics taken at matches... so.. there mine and anyone wants them they pay........... sorted.. :)

Couldn't agree more. Good luck :)

Totally agree Tony

Back