picures of people can i use them??

Edit My Images
No
I am currently putting a website together of pics of my work.
Do i need permission from people to do so.
For eg i have a pic of quite a famous DJ, can i upload it or not.. ?
I have no idea about this kinda stuff.. !! ??? Help.. ??

Depends where you shot it and in what context you're going to use it, I suppose. If you shot the photo in public, then you can do with it what you wish although if you had a photo of the famous DJ and used it to endorse a product or service, you could be in for a bit of trouble.

You should be ok to put them on your site, but you'll need model releases if you want to sell those particular pics.

did you sign anything to say you cant? if not then id say its yours to do with what you want pipe

if you had a photo of the famous DJ and used it to endorse a product or service, you could be in for a bit of trouble.

if you intend to make money of it thats a different story

your allowed to sell pictures of anyone you have taken pictures of unless they have a signed contract saying otherwise. If you take a picture it is instantly yours to do what you want with.

wow thanks fpr the feedback guys..
so if i take a photo its mine and i can use it for my website. I wouldnt be selling pics of people just using them to display my work..

np then :)

ok cool. thank you.
So just to confirm one last time..
I dont need permission from people, i am totally allowed to display there pics on my website.. and i wont get sued lol..

nah just go on google and look up copyright laws. its very simple though, you take a picture, you own it to do with what you wish. there are some moral laws (u know, under 18s and people in their own homes i think) but the general rule is, if you took it... you can do whatever you want with it.

Back