Pixel 283 wireless remote shutter release

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Good Evening all, wondered if anyone can help me? I have the pixel 283 which came from a well known auction site and a nikon d750. I just cannot get the pixel 283 to work, is it just plug in and play as like my wired remote shutter which does work ? Or am I missing a setting somewhere? I have looked on youtube and drawn a blank. Now over to the good folk on this forum, see if you can help, all help is much appreciated, cheers.

None too sure but having googled I note that there are variants..........

So daft question, are you sure that you have the right one for Nikon and not a Canon version???

Reading a bit more, it seems it is "connection cable" version that makes it camera body specific/compatible.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, the guy who I brought it off was a nikon user and the connecting lead is a nikon. From what I can see all the pixel 283 are the same and it's just the connecting cable that dictates if it is for a nikon, sony or canon and so forth.

Thanks for the suggestion
Redsnapper, yes both on channel 1. I know that the receiver is receiving the signal from the transmitter, as they both light up red when I press the button, cheers

Thanks Realspeed, unfortunately I have already watched this with no joy. Think I will have to try and find a Nikon owner somehow with one already. Cheers.

@ discoman: From what I can see there are even different versions that are compatible with different Nikon models.

The Pixel 283 DC0 doesn't list the D750 in the list of compatible bodies but the DC2 does - maybe you just have the wrong version?

@ discoman: From what I can see there are even different versions that are compatible with different Nikon models.

The Pixel 283 DC0 doesn't list the D750 in the list of compatible bodies but the DC2 does - maybe you just have the wrong version?

I spotted that when I posted as in #2 above but the product images I saw showed two very different plug terminations because either it will connect or not......so surmised he had the right type of cable ;)

However, and I surmise @discoman has double checked he has the right Nikon version........that other connections e.g. a Canon cable might plug in but would not work if it was wired differently???

Thanks for the reply. The Pixel 283 DC0 doesn't list the D750 in the list of compatible bodies but the DC2 does - maybe you just have the wrong version?
As far as I am aware it does but worth looking into. The box it came in did say Nikon and as the plug fits, just assume it would be compatible with the d750.

Last edited:
I spotted that when I posted as in #2 above but the product images I saw showed two very different plug terminations because either it will connect or not......so surmised he had the right type of cable ;)

However, and I surmise @discoman has double checked he has the right Nikon version........that other connections e.g. a Canon cable might plug in but would not work if it was wired differently???
Yep the fitting does fit and the box has Nikon on it, however I have no telling if it is compatible with the d750 but the connection fits. Something for me to look into further. I am sure the pixel works, as it does everything it should apart from firing the camera. Cheers

Back