Playing in the office

Bokeh is generally the term for a OOF source of light, I think that your actually referring to is DoF e.g. Depth of Field of which you've captured here a nice shallow DoF and made quite a cool abstract image (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Bokeh is generally the term for a OOF source of light, I think that your actually referring to is DoF e.g. Depth of Field of which you've captured here a nice shallow DoF and made quite a cool abstract image (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I think you're right Tom, when I started (so many years ago) we always referred to Depth of Field and I don't remember using the word Bokeh at all. It seems now seem to be a cover-all word for almost anything Depth of Field related... I still call a lens a lens and not "glass", in my opinion the term "glass" doesn't do the high quality product enough justice.

I have opened the can of worms and now tip-toeing backwards... :D

In photography, bokeh (Originally /ˈboʊkɛ/,[1] /ˈboʊkeɪ/ boh-kay, and also sometimes heard as /ˈboʊkə/ boh-kə,[2] Japanese: [boke]) is the blur,[3][4] or the aesthetic quality of the blur,[5][6][7] in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.

The colours are what makes this image stand out from the crowd. very nice !
(I would have cleaned the dust though......)

I still have the lamp and those bits are still as dusty today. I didn't want to Photoshop the dust, I wanted a pure image which for the most part is what it is (just a crop and some vibrance I think).

Back