Playing with FIRE

Name
niki
Edit My Images
Yes
1st attempt at flame photography..im kinda pleased with them although the compositions have a mind of there own..critique plz..and maybe a bit of advise on how to improve these..thanks in advance.

Were done = 1/350 + F/16

fire9.jpg

fire4.jpg

fire11.jpg

not bad for a first attempt - i think 1&2 would have benefitted from not cropping the top of the flame, while 3 would have benefitted from not cropping of the right hand side, they are also a bit soft - i'd put that down to movement blur and would suggest a faster speed (and a correspondingly wider apperture)

not bad for a first attempt - i think 1&2 would have benefitted from not cropping the top of the flame, while 3 would have benefitted from not cropping of the right hand side, they are also a bit soft - i'd put that down to movement blur and would suggest a faster speed (and a correspondingly wider apperture)

thanks pete..i found the composition really difficult under extreme low lighting conditions..once main light was turned off and flame lit..that was all i had for exposure..so to be honest i didnt look through the camera much..as i prefocused with the lighter before hand..course the flames had a mind of there own and as the lighting fluid spread across the glass..so did the flame..so kinda found it hard to keep full focus..all the same i had great fun..and shall attempt again..
thanks for feedback

niki
x

I guess it all depends on what you were trying to achieve with the image, as abstracts I quite like them (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Yip I really like them as abstracts, nice work you can always improve so keep at it , but these are nice.

All the best:)

Thankyou for the feedback and kind words..will keep at it ;)

N
x

Not bad for a first attempt. Focusing is always tricky with fire. Usually best to go manual.

Back