Playing with fire...

Name
hayley
Edit My Images
Yes
hey all .. I was asked to do some light painting promo shots for a friend who's a musician ... although I've done a lot of light painting before I've never really used people in them so didn't know what was going to happen! lol. These are the first few ideas we've tried out .. let me know what you think! :)

electric melody by Hayley Blackledge, on Flickr

Untitled by Hayley Blackledge, on Flickr

Jo Bywater by Hayley Blackledge, on Flickr

:)

Some really funky shots there, really creative! It's a shame that she blinked in the last one. I want it to be dry again so I can get out and play with the orb tools I've been making while sat in looking at the rain!

Thanks James! The last one where she has her eyes closed was just a practice shot for another idea we have, kinda the same thing but on a bigger scale. Was just seeing if i could get the guitar levitating. I told her to close her eyes so I didn't blind her with the flash, but will make sure she has them open for the final shoot!
I'm sick of the rain too, I have loads of new light painting ideas I want to try out but it just seems to rain EVERY night! Hope you have fun with your orb tools, I still can't master the orb for some reason, they always come out wonky. lol :)

I think they're all really good, I prefer the 1st one. Light painting on this scale is something I need to try. Haven't got a clue where to start if I'm honest though.

Matt

they are well cool! Love the first one.

How did you do the dome in light? Thats a great illusion.

Ive been thinking about maybe painting some fluoresent paint (various colours) onto several tennis balls or bouncy ball and throwing them down into the distance or across the view. This light painting milarky is very arty!

they are well cool! Love the first one.

How did you do the dome in light? Thats a great illusion.

Ive been thinking about maybe painting some fluoresent paint (various colours) onto several tennis balls or bouncy ball and throwing them down into the distance or across the view. This light painting milarky is very arty!

Thanks Carl .. the dome is done using a bike wheel with led lights around it. The tennis ball idea sounds fab, the creative possibilities with light painting are endless! :clap:

Thanks Carl .. the dome is done using a bike wheel with led lights around it. The tennis ball idea sounds fab, the creative possibilities with light painting are endless! :clap:

WOW, a wheel. Thats ridiculously simple yet so effective.

I might have a go at light painting myself. My lock myself in a dark room and draw outlines to the room. i.e. door, handle, the lamp (not switched on of course) lol. You're deffo right - endless possibilities.

hailstorm said:
Thanks Matt. Just start with a long exposure and a couple of torches and build it up from there! :)

I'm ok with light painting objects to an extent and I'm also pretty good at the light writing(if you remember my inbox lol) but the wheels and other stuff I haven't tried yet

Nice ideas!! they all work well, and also made me realise i really havnt done much lightpainting at all this year, must get back out there for a play

I'm ok with light painting objects to an extent and I'm also pretty good at the light writing(if you remember my inbox lol) but the wheels and other stuff I haven't tried yet

Oh yeah, your writing is much better than mine, I remember now! ;)

Back