Playing with my nifty-fifty

You will get plenty on here who will second that opinion and thats why if you see any in the classifieds they are snapped up PDQ. Construction feels cheap but results vindicate that negative very quickly as you found out. The dof is even better on your full frame than on the crop sensors (Jealous :razz:) The microadjustments facility is great, why do Canon not do this on all there higher end bodies ? (available on 50D and dropped from 60D - why?) :shrug:

Nice bokeh too (y) I love no. 1

Lovely images and I agree, the nifty-fifty is a belter - everyone should have one! Since I got mine it's rarely off the camera.

The nifty fifty looks cheap and nasty in construction but the images it produces are outstanding.

I love the fact that it's such a small and unimpressive looking lens.

I walked into my local with it on my camera not so long back and placed it on the bar whilst pulling up a perch. The barmaid, who's known for having a bit of a chip on her shoulder, said something like "my dad's got a nice camera but it's a lot bigger than that one". :LOL:

ZoneV said:
I love the fact that it's such a small and unimpressive looking lens.

I walked into my local with it on my camera not so long back and placed it on the bar whilst pulling up a perch. The barmaid, who's known for having a bit of a chip on her shoulder, said something like "my dad's got a nice camera but it's a lot bigger than that one". :LOL:

agree. some people may complain that its plastic but i dont mind at all. its light and if you damage the mount, well just buy another one:)

Back