Critique Playing With Perspective

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Following another visit to London, I made this photograph today.
I welcome others thoughts on it. My intention/aim was to make the woman's shadow the main subject by altering the perspective, hopefully making the viewer 'work it out'.
My question would be "Does it work or not?"
I converted it to B&W to apply more emphasis on the shadow without distracting colours drawing the viewers eye away from the subject.

C&C welcome as always.

In The Spotlight
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

This is a great idea.

To achieve the effect you are looking for I think a square crop would put more emphasis on the shadow of the woman. Problem is it also means the big triangular shadow becomes more dominant too. Unless you can clone it out:)

This is a great idea.

To achieve the effect you are looking for I think a square crop would put more emphasis on the shadow of the woman. Problem is it also means the big triangular shadow becomes more dominant too. Unless you can clone it out:)

Thanks Chris, I tried various crops but finally settled on this as it included three elements for IMHO a more balanced shot.
Having said that, I am able to square crop simply by scrolling the screen, and agree the square crop does put more emphasis on the woman shadow. Cloning out the triangular shadow is beyond my PP skillset unfortunately.

Love the abstract angle of this shot. Personally the crop works for me and the processing is spot on.

Thanks Simon, as mentioned to Chris above, I considered quite a few different crops, one of which was cropping from the bottom to only include the woman's shadow.

Cleverly thought out. Something completely different. Nicely done.

Back