Please Critique my Park Bench Image...

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the shot, but wondering how I can make it better.

I did add +12 saturation and sharpening in photoshop...nothing else.

ND3_0026a.jpg

Hmmm, either vertical or horizontal would work best, not inbetween IMO.

Wouldnt hurt to clone out that bird poo too :LOL:

I like it just the way it is mate....
Nice image....

I had a play in photoshop to see how Betty's idea would work, I still like it but I like the origional better.

For my money the increase in saturation has brought out the area behind the bench slats too much. It's hard to mentally put the slats in context when you first view the image which makes it seem a little conflicting and confusing.

The texture and colour of the bench however is spot on, maybe try selecting the areas behind the slats and adjusting the curve on just those selcted areas?

When you are making an abstract like this it becomes more about art than photography. There are composition rules you can follow that apply to both but equally you can ignore the rules. I'm not artistic so I look for stuff I can define like subjects on thirds, symmetry, leading lines, diagonals, blocks of colour etc.

If you are making art - do it your way ;)

I like the composition and the subject but the colour is too saturated for me. Personally I think this would look better in B&W, if you really want it in colour then I wouldn't add as much saturation. Great image.

I'd turn down the BG saturation a smidgen, otherwise, there's a lot to like here, good eye for what works.

I like the composition and angle just fine, +1 on the bird poo though!

Back