please help me decide Nikon lens purchase for use case

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
ok so use case British GP F1 in July so not time critical

I don't at present have a zoom for my Z mount system but after receiving for a Christmas gift a weekend pass to the British GP at Silver stone I want a lens that I can make good use of there

so I need opinions from sports shooters with the Nikon system who may have shot at silver stone and know reach /zoom requirements for the said event

my thoughts get the z 100-400mm and hope I get the reach for the track or there is a slim chance the 200-600mm may be out by then , or use a ftz and take a bargain f-mount lens

hope I have explained this well enough and look forward to what people have found and what suits or would suit from your experiences

many thanks Neil

Z 100-400 is my leaning here. Unless you take the FTZ and get the slower 200-500 F5.6 - which is by no means terrible but by all accounts the Z 100-400 is an excellent thing
so I am thinking the same and if I need to I can either go teleconverter or go in dx mode I will trial each before the weekend of the gp

As you don't already have a long zoom lens apart from this trip do you have a use for one on a regular basis?
If not why don't you hire one -https://lensesforhire.co.uk/

I'd wait to see if the 200-600 arrives in January. Nikon have a large stand at CES (starts next week).

I have the 100-400 and it is truly excellent - is it long enough?

I'd wait to see if the 200-600 arrives in January. Nikon have a large stand at CES (starts next week).

I have the 100-400 and it is truly excellent - is it long enough?
that's my question to my self I have never been track side at Silverstone so I am leaning towards the 200-600mm as well Peter , I really hope they bring the 200-600mm before July and that I can get one in hand

thanks for reply

Back