Which kit would you have

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
I like to get the best for my money, I have two options

Buy a new D3300 & 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR totaling £599 (keeping my Nikon DX 18-55 AFS)

or

Buy a new D7000 & reuse my Nikon 70-300mm AF G,Nikon DX 18-55 AFS costing £469

What would you choice be if the choice was yours

I voted D3300 only because I'd always put decent lenses ahead of a decent body and the 70-300 VR is a huge step up from the AFG. That said, as I mentioned on your other thread, I would have thought that a decent, guaranteed used D7000 would probably allow you to have your cake and eat it.

I'm with Graham. LOADS of D7k's on the used market for virtually nothing. It's a no brainer.

The IQ would probably be better from the D3300 with it being newer tech etc but the useability of the D7000 is far far far infront. Everything is alot more accessible from the outside of the camera rather than having to go through menus etc.

I'd go second hand for both the D7000 and the 70-300 AFS and get both. Just my opinion though.

I was talking with a colleague at work today,who also happens to be a professional photographer (Rock Bands, wedding & so on) so I'm activity searching and biding on a D7000

:)

Last edited:
D7000. Proper controls with 2 command dials. Ease of use manually. Tried, tested, and a bloody good camera... and cheap as chips.

The only advantage of a D3300 over a D7k is that it is 24mp.

In my eyes, the main disadvantage of a D3300 over a D7k is that it is 24mp.

Who needs 24mp's unless you're shooting billboard posters? Its a total waste of hard drive space as the megapixel race is getting out of hand.

I have 2 D7k's and I love them to bits, couldn't ask for more from a crop body.

Oh well I've gone and done it.

Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Body in Mint condition and in full working order.

It was my wedding shoot backup so it's hardly been used.
UK purchased stock so it's not a Grey import & has the Nikon warranty card to indicate this.
The LCD screens (top and back) have been protected with a GGS hard cover, so the camera is in A1+ condition
What's included is the full Nikon boxed kit + 1x memory SD card,
Simon Stafford D7000 ref Book ( best book you can get
Shutter count a very low 8650

£400

Back