Pontcysyllte Aqueduct on the Llangollen canal

I think the 4th (for me) is the best, those reflections. Very nice!

I've been meaning to go there myself simon as I believe you can walk across the bridge next to the canal boats? Which does beg the question of have you got any photos from the viaduct itself overlooking the landscape? :) Maybe some odd angled shots shooting downwards off the viaduct too?

I'm not sure about the other ones Simon, there's nothing pulling me as far as interest, I dont know why - so ignore me ref the other images, Im not in the best frame of mind to crit at the moment (maybe its too early in the morning or the fact that Im pooped) - I did want to say about the reflections though, that <did> pull me in. Perhaps someone else can help Simon out with something more useful as far as critique. (y) You live in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK though fella. (Im a South Waleian) :) Valleys boy me hahahah.

I think the 4th (for me) is the best, those reflections. Very nice!

I've been meaning to go there myself simon as I believe you can walk across the bridge next to the canal boats? Which does beg the question of have you got any photos from the viaduct itself overlooking the landscape? :) Maybe some odd angled shots shooting downwards off the viaduct too?

I'm not sure about the other ones Simon, there's nothing pulling me as far as interest, I dont know why - so ignore me ref the other images, Im not in the best frame of mind to crit at the moment (maybe its too early in the morning or the fact that Im pooped) - I did want to say about the reflections though, that <did> pull me in. Perhaps someone else can help Simon out with something more useful as far as critique. (y) You live in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK though fella. (Im a South Waleian) :) Valleys boy me hahahah.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for commenting, always appreciate people taking the time. I was really trying something slightly different to my usual "scene" shots so concentrated on the aqueduct.

Simon

Hi Carl,

Thanks for commenting, always appreciate people taking the time. I was really trying something slightly different to my usual "scene" shots so concentrated on the aqueduct.

Simon
no thats fine, just, as I said I fancy taking a peep there myself, would be good to see what is around, if you have any on your flickr, I'd love to go see some more? :)

no thats fine, just, as I said I fancy taking a peep there myself, would be good to see what is around, if you have any on your flickr, I'd love to go see some more? :)

Don't have a Flickr account Carl but feel free to have a browse of my website, the Llangollen area photos are in the North Wales gallery.. www.landscapephotographyuk.com

Thanks for the feedback everyone.. must admit No 1 is my favourite although doesn't seem to be anyone elses although it's probably because fits the aim of the shoot rather than it being a image for mass appeal?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.. must admit No 1 is my favourite although doesn't seem to be anyone elses although it's probably because fits the aim of the shoot rather than it being a image for mass appeal?

For me, it is just a bit tight up. Lovely light, I'd like to see a shorter focal length with the people crossing the bridge with that light.

For me, it is just a bit tight up. Lovely light, I'd like to see a shorter focal length with the people crossing the bridge with that light.

I shot No 1 wider, the posted one is a tight crop.. the sky was too bright and a bit bland which I think's a bit distracting, I'll have another look though as I didn't really do any processing to these so maybe the raw file has a bit more in it

Back