Poor poor poor poor Lynton.......

Get well soon M8. Sorry about your accident.

The things some photographers will do a for a big break!

I only went away for a week and all hell breaks loose.

Hope you get well soon mate but I'm embarassed to say that I did PMSL when I read through this thread :confused:

Get the wife to bring your camera and flash in. The ward is a big space for a studio. You've still got two weeks missing on your 52 :naughty:

Andy

Cheers guys. Lying here in bed on ward 6 of James paget hospital. Left I broken and ankle dislocated. Right is dislocated potentially fractured. Not a weeks sleepas 4 of the other 5 ward occupants are either up and down all night peeing, or snoring loudly. Both legs in plaster to the knees. Might have an op today!!!! Eek!

You dozy twonk! :LOL: :crying: :wacky:

Get well soon though. Hope you haven't got any Suffolk allergies? Your hospital is on 'The Dark Side' isn't it? :cautious:

Yikes, you've done a proper job here haven't you?! Get well soon Lynton!

Get well soon Lynton !

Damien - if your Norfolk Broads Boat Meet is still happening, will it be safe ?
If I fell in would you rescue me or take snaps ?
Hmmm - don't bother answering, I think I know . . . :D

:LOL:

I hope you sleep better at night knowing that if you have a fatal accident during the meet, that it will be very well documented!! (y)

A few more photos to follow soon.....including one from Lynton himself from his hospital bed!! ;)

make the most of the bed baths, and fingers crossed its not a male nurse doing it ;)

I hope they don't need to keep you in long and that you have pretty nurses while you are there...

Can only imagine the questions......

So, how did the accident happen...

Well I was ****ed and playing on an inflatable slide....

Great pics of the chopper etc... Will be something to look back at when feeling a bit better...

Wishing you well.......

You plonker... :D

omg this would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious
get well soon fella and at least you had a cracking night

Right then, here's a few more, including one of the knackered ankles!! :puke:

Sorry these aren't in any sort of order.....:(

Just to prove he was in one piece when he arrived:

IMG_9797a.jpg

My daughter giving him a kiss because she was worried:

IMG_9124a.jpg

The cavalry arrive:

IMG_9138a.jpg

IMG_9150a.jpg

Injecting him with "stuff":

IMG_9160a.jpg

The cause of the pain:

IMG_9821a.jpg

And finally one sent to me by Lynton from his his hospital bed this morning:

LyntonHospital.jpg

I think he's just gone down to theatre to have his legs put back together.....:puke: :puke: :puke:

God, I hope he gets better soon. :) Makes me cringe just thinking about breaking legs/ankles.

I have to say though, I love the pics.(y)

Lisa

Just stumbled on this :eek:

Wishing you a speedy recovery, lots of great time with sexy hot nurses (y)

I am seriously curious, how did all that damage come about? It's an air-inflated slide?! Did you just go down horizontally, like a brick in water :thinking: :cautious:?

Oooh, get well soon mate, wish you a speedy recovery and hope all goes well in theatre (y)

The cavalry arrive:

IMG_9138a.jpg

Def see a need for some captions on here, what must they have been saying to each other :LOL:

Well, I suppose if you can't go out and find helicopters to shoot, think up a good reason to have them come to you! ;)

Although, it was an opportunity missed. It would've been a good time to see if RF-602 triggers would've worked as well as PocketWizards. ;)

Get well soon Lynton!

Last edited:
Holy poo - that's gotta hurt - anything I can do give me a shout eh?

I have sprained both ankles and the pain was really bad. But to break both ankles!! Yikes!!

Hope he is ok?

Blimey, what bad luck! Hope you don't suffer to much and all the best for a speedy recovery.

Tara

I can think of better ways to get plastered ;)

Get well soon mate.

Sorry these aren't in any sort of order.....:(

Just to prove he was in one piece when he arrived:

IMG_9797a.jpg

"It's soft and full of air what could possibly go wrong bwahahaha....... ARRRGGGHH ME EFFIN LEGS!!!!"

My daughter giving him a kiss because she was worried:

IMG_9124a.jpg

"Don't do that love it's inflating his stomach!"

The cavalry arrive:

IMG_9138a.jpg

"I say we just send him to bed without any supper, teach the wee sprite a lesson.... "

IMG_9150a.jpg

"15 minutes of fame you say Andy?"

Injecting him with "stuff":

IMG_9160a.jpg

"Hey Sally, he's got no blood in his alcohol stream - this is pure vodka!!!"

Ruddy heck Lynton that's a story and a half and I hate to admit it but I've laughed my socks off at the comments.

On a more serious note, it's tough to break one and you can hobble about but to do both you are a bit fubared for a bit. Really hope that despite the laughs you come out of this OK and sending you much love.
x

Thanks guys for all your kind words. You have to laugh really at some of the wit on this forum. Went down for op at 11 and back on the ward at 3. Upshot is both ankles dislocated and both Legs broken. Now have plates pins and screws in wach leg.Trying to get copies of the X-rays...... :LOL: would make a nice b@w.

:eek: jeeeesssoooossss Lynton!
Both legs?!

Wish you are very speedy recovery... About as quick as you shot down that slide :naughty:

Shouldn't we have TP meet and go and sign Lynton's plaster?!! Imagine that a TP meet where we all get plastered!!!

Just spotted this as I have been away...................

Yikes.

I normally say your White Balance is off but know wonder you look pale in the skin tones.

Get well soon mate.

Reminds me of the time I broke my leg, I was mowing the outfield of my cricket club ( my turn on the roster) with a ride on cutter but decided to un hitch the seat an walk the mower. It ran away with me and as I tried to stop it I turned it away from the boundary It turned me and broke my leg. This was 10 minutes before start of play. I tried to play but it was too painful and realised there nust be some serious damage. Went to A&E, x-ray confirmed a fracture and the headline in the local rag was 'Astley gets plastered 6 hours early'

Try and laugh about it, you will recover quicker.

Last edited:
like a true "pro", I was snapping away the entire time
I should expect no less !

Wonderful yarn - Hope the invalid goes from strength to strength and has a camera with him.

spw

Kin 'Ell... Lynton... get well soon... that's gotta smart... And no going through an airport for a while... you'll set off every alarm in the place..

Once again thanks for all your kind words and amusing comments. Can't help but feeling that if I was drunk I may have got away with it. (probably wouldn't of made it to the top in the first place.):LOL:

I WAS SOBER though. :crying::shake::puke:

Hope that those who went to Chester zoo meet enjoyed themselves.

Arthur - yeah there is one thing you could do for me. I am reliably informed by Steve the nurse that a sigma 70-200 f 2.8 HSM II non OS in pentax fit rapidly speeds up recovery times. (y)

Last edited:
I know what I'd miss the most if this happened to me..... golf!! :(

If only you'd done it in the middle of winter when these warm light nights didnt have the golf course calling so much, sure there is a joke about handicaps in there (unless its already been done)

All the best and good luck with a speedy recovery.

Dan - really rub it in :LOL:

Guess my other interest / hobby!!!!

Arthur - yeah there is one thing you could do for me. I am reliably informed by Steve the nurse that a sigma 70-200 f 2.8 HSM II non OS in pentax fit rapidly speeds up recovery times. (y)

Oh that *is* a shame Lynton, I'm all A-Mount now! You can borrow my walking sticks if you want though... :naughty:

Arthur

Edit... oh right, you got a whole bag of walking sticks for a while, eh?

Thanks guys for all your kind words. You have to laugh really at some of the wit on this forum. Went down for op at 11 and back on the ward at 3. Upshot is both ankles dislocated and both Legs broken. Now have plates pins and screws in wach leg.Trying to get copies of the X-rays...... :LOL: would make a nice b@w.

Sorry to hear that M8. Wish you a speedy recovery.

When you are out of hospital probably best if you didn't go through any airport x ray machines as you might spark a security alert with all that metal in you now!!

Last edited:

Jeez and no alcohol to numb the pain:eek:.
One thing though how did you manage to break both legs on air bed:shrug: That takes a special amount of skill and determination, I hope I'm sadly lacking in both;)

We could always go and see Lynton in hospital. Of course we would have to check out the female nurses !

Back