Poppies in Hampshire

Name
Joan Williamson
Edit My Images
Yes
hi, can anyone point me in the direction of any poppy fields in Hampshire please ?
Cheers
Joan

Hi Stephen, you're right I saw this last year and didn't manage to see them. I spent about 3 hours late afternoon today driving aroung Hampshire (with a list of locations I've put together from various websites) looking for the lilac poppies produced for medicinal purposes as they are so pretty. I didn't actually see ONE poppy, red or otherwise and there's nothing at Bullington Cross still. What a pain. I did pop along to the Lavender Fields in Selbourne though but by 20:00 I'd had enough, ho hum. I'll try Whitsbury next week as I think there are meant to be some there :)
Cheers
Joan

Well, I found my dream field of poppies today and thought I'd share the location with you. Sadly they aren't flowering anymore, the flowers all dropped about 10 days ago. It is a HUGE field and is just off the A390 shortly after South Winchester golf club [SO22 5QW] on the opposite side of the road), before you get to Hursley going towards Romsey. You can see the lovely field of poppy pod heads from the main road but can't access it from there. There is a gate to the field opposite Vale Farm in Enmill Lane and another further down Enmill lane (smaller and not overlooked by the farm so you can probably pop in there without anyone seeing !!!). I can't wait till next year.........

I thought I'd share it as I've been trying to find one of these lilac poppy fields for over a year now. It'll make for a magificent picture next year....

Joan

Well, I found my dream field of poppies today and thought I'd share the location with you. Sadly they aren't flowering anymore, the flowers all dropped about 10 days ago. It is a HUGE field and is just off the A390 shortly after South Winchester golf club [SO22 5QW] on the opposite side of the road), before you get to Hursley going towards Romsey. You can see the lovely field of poppy pod heads from the main road but can't access it from there. There is a gate to the field opposite Vale Farm in Enmill Lane and another further down Enmill lane (smaller and not overlooked by the farm so you can probably pop in there without anyone seeing !!!). I can't wait till next year.........

I thought I'd share it as I've been trying to find one of these lilac poppy fields for over a year now. It'll make for a magificent picture next year....

Joan
Hello Joan saw your thread re poppies and its that time of year again just wondered if you new of any

Hi yes, I drove to the same location today (in the pouring rain) to check they were still there. The original field doesn't have them, but on the other side of the road further up there is a HUGE field of flowering poppies, I'll be back tomorrow :)

Back