Port Talbot

I think this is nice shot but it could be improved slightly.

To my eye it may look better if we could see more of the plant and a bit less of the sky, have you tried a more letterbox crop. Also there is a lot of chromatic aberration and ghosting around the chimneys and I don't think the horizon is level.

www.andrewhatfield.co.uk

Last edited:
I like the basic picture. Yes, it's leaning towards the right, but the balance of exposure is good, framing using the dark clouds to balance up against the dark foreground likewise. The tower with twin lights on provides a focal point for the eye. I can't see close enough to tell if it has a CA problem, but that's easily fixable in post, and yes there's some ghosting around the chimneys (possibly a product of post processing too).

I hadn't spotted the lean or the CA, but I can see the ghosting around the chimneys now that it's been pointed out.

Composition and exposure wise though, it's spot on imo.

Really useful input, thanks again. I have looked again at the raw image and cannot see ghosting or CA on the chimneys, can this be as a result of conversion to jpeg, mind I have now switched on CA in DXO? I have also corrected the horizon.

Any thoughts still appreciated?

South Wales 058_DxO-1.jpg

Really useful input, thanks again. I have looked again at the raw image and cannot see ghosting or CA on the chimneys, can this be as a result of conversion to jpeg, mind I have now switched on CA in DXO? I have also corrected the horizon.

Any thoughts still appreciated?
This version looks much better to me and I can't see any CA on the new version. The main place I could see it was the LH side of the middle chimney.

www.andrewhatfield.co.uk

Last edited:
Back