portable setup?

Name
Ray
Edit My Images
Yes
I occasionally need a more portable studio type set up, currently mix of oldish elincrom and prolinca and a background
plus it can`t break the bank( i would need approval from swmbo)
Ta Ray

How much power, how many lights, what's your budget?

Would cheap speedlights do? AD360's, more power?

ETA I read portable as battery powered. is that what you meant?

Interestingly, I'd say get the Safari (even a used Classic will be fine) - uses Bowens fit modifiers & gives you more options than the AD's...

But again Budget is required....

The teachers that i just did , it was full group(up to 6) and single headshots

If you have eli stuff already, take a look at some used Quadra's, not cheap but worth investing the extra £££'s if you want quality kit that will last.

Last edited:
I`ve never had battery stuff, currently have a mix of prolinca`s 250 and elincrom 500`s + a backdrop(3mtrs wide) , I would like to only do two trips to the car rather than 3 or 4

I`ve never had battery stuff, currently have a mix of prolinca`s 250 and elincrom 500`s + a backdrop(3mtrs wide) , I would like to only do two trips to the car rather than 3 or 4
Then what you need a decent studio bag.

I bought a 2nd hand Bowens roller bag on ebay for effectively peanuts, but for 4(?) heads and stands you'll need something bigger. A kit of that complexity isn't going to shrink massively by replacing it with new gear. Whilst something like a smartflash or D Lite is a small head, it's not in any practical way smaller than what you have. It's the carrying that needs sorting IMHO

Back