Portobello Groyne NEW SHOTS ADDED

S

stupar

So the weather all week has been grim. Forecasts offered a glimmer of hope for the weekend. So what do you do when you wake up at 5:30am on a Saturday morning? You take a gamble and jump on the bus to Portobello.
Got there at 7:20am and it was still dark. Sunrise was at 7:56am and there was no concept of what would become of the shot.
The tide was perfect though!

C&C welcome as always! :)

8105277876_47e08d6b98_b_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that it was well worth the effort (y)

What a great expressive sky, great range of colours and the groyne holds the composition together. I have been staring at it for a while and pushing it to the top of the ipad screen. As a result I do wonder would it benefit from a crop on the sky the strengthen the impact of the groyne. That said I really am not an expert and this is a very nice image as it is.

A worthwhile trip. The composition is very good,nice position taken re. the groyne.

Thanks for comments so far guys.
I'm glad I made the call to go.
Saw some other potential whilst there.

Here's another couple from the morning session

1) 121 second long exposure
8105413503_25b2c14276_b_d.jpg

2) Moody B&W
8106258321_f8fe1f391b_b_d.jpg

Like those (y)

Funny how the B&W gives a totally different feel to the scene

What length of exposure were these?

All these are fantastic images.

Love the mood of the last one

thanks, think the last one is my fav too

All awesome as always, especially liking the last B&W shot, really well composed and processed (y)

Cheers Niall!

Great shots, I might have to make a trip down there myself one morning!

Its definitely worth a trip. I'm planning on going back at some point to do more.

Well worth the bus ride, great shots. I like how the sky in the first isn't too blurred, perfect choice of shutter speed.

Thanks Mark, I'm glad I had the get up and go to do it now. Risks are worth taking when you are gifted with these

Back